Best tasting whey or whey isolate ?and your current ones ?

Options
dinoo
dinoo Posts: 14 Member
The best tasting whey or whey isolate you have ever tasted ........
OR
which brand and flavour whey are you currently using ...........

Replies

• cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in this too. I am currently using Jillian Michaels brand vanilla. It's just OK (was cheapest). I didn't like it at first and now I've gotten used to it. I tried other brands years ago and have never really liked them. I don't like ones that have artificial sweetener. I don't even like stevia.

(If we're talking about the same thing? I took your question to mean whey protein powder, maybe it's something else?)
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    six star, 30g protein per scoop. I have only had the chocolate, which is great.
  • stanluoser
    Options
    TRUTEIN Cinnabun! the best ever! but it is currently sold out everywhere online so it's hard to find it.

EDIT: Actually I think there were two more online stores that still have it in stock. Got to go to the official Trutein Retail stores online to get them.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Biox Whey Complex. I like the chocolate. The rocky road is just ok, a little too sweet for my liking.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Oh Yea Total Protein - Cookies n cream
    Myofusion - chocolate

Both taste yummy
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Market Pantry (Target) Chocolate and Vanilla both taste good and are well priced. 25g protein per scoop
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural Chocolate
    yum.
  • stanluoser
    Options
    ON Double Chocolate tasted disgusting and I would never go back to ON. That's my opinion though.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Natural - Chocolate flavored. I did not like ON Vanilla. The best tasting vanilla to me is GNC Amp Extreme 60, but it's very sweet and contains artificial sweeteners.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    truestrength vanilla--i can drink it straight with water only. i can also put it in my coffee and it doesn't clump up like some of the cheaper brands.

in my smoothies, i use bodyfortress or market pantry vanilla.

I always get vanilla bc I can drink it straight or mix it with coffee/fruit, etc. and the flavors blend.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Gonna follow this for more suggestions. I currently use Pure Protein and GNC Total Lean. They came out with pumpkin and a peppermint mocha. Yum.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Taste is a personal thing, so I doubt hearing everyone's individual favorite tastes will help you much. What you should be concerned about is the quality of the protein. Whey Protein Isolate is the best (most pure) form of protein; most "100% Whey" proteins are a blend of whey isolate and whey concentrate, which contains a much lower concentration of protein than isolate does (there can be a difference of well over 20%).

Other thing you need to know is that when you look at the amino acid profile for a protein powder, the only number that matters is whatever the lowest number is. The lowest number corresponds to what is called the limiting amino acid--limiting, meaning that is pretty much the most good your body will get out of that protein, because you need the amino acids in equal amounts to create a complete protein. A lot of protein powders will have like 1400mg of one amino acid and 300 of another. That means you're basically buying a protein powder that is wasting 1100 mg of arginine or something, just because it can only use 300 of any of the amino acids.

Short story, it isn't about taste so much as making sure you are getting the best bang for your buck: pure whey isolate and not the cheaply-produced, lower-quality blend (or the even more cheaply produced pure whey concentrate). And that isolate should have amino acids in similar amounts. As for brands, I like Pure Nutrition, Bluebonnet, and Jay Robb.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Taste is a personal thing, so I doubt hearing everyone's individual favorite tastes will help you much. What you should be concerned about is the quality of the protein. Whey Protein Isolate is the best (most pure) form of protein; most "100% Whey" proteins are a blend of whey isolate and whey concentrate, which contains a much lower concentration of protein than isolate does (there can be a difference of well over 20%).

Other thing you need to know is that when you look at the amino acid profile for a protein powder, the only number that matters is whatever the lowest number is. The lowest number corresponds with what is called the limiting amino acid--limiting, meaning that is pretty much the most good your body will get out of that protein, because you need the amino acids in equal amounts to create a complete protein. A lot of protein powders will have like 1400mg of one amino acid and 300 of another. That means you're basically buying a protein powder that is wasting 1100 mg of arginine or something, just because it can only use 300 of any of the amino acids, Make sense?

Short story, it isn't about taste so much as making sure you are getting the best bang for your buck: pure whey isolate and not the cheaply-produced, lower-quality blend (or the even more cheaply produced pure whey concentrate). And that isolate should have amino acids in similar amounts. As for brands, I like Pure Nutrition, Bluebonnet, and Jay Robb.

Excellent info!! So glad your my buddy! :smile:
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Tried many....

I enjoy the Musclepharm Combat Chocolate peanut butter at the moment.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Best flavor? How about NO flavor? I started using NOW brand Whey Isolate unflavored and I'm never going back. I mix it with whatever gatorade flavor I like and it has no taste at all. Mix with choc milk. Mix with reg milk. Put it on oatmeal. Whatever you want to do with it.
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I currently use the Unjury brand. Excellent tasting and mixibility. Whey Isolate. Have tried chocolate, vanilla, and the chicken soup-all very good. I use the unflavored in things like dips, shakes, etc. 21gm protein in 8 oz.
  • ducoteycd
    ducoteycd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Best flavor? How about NO flavor? I started using NOW brand Whey Isolate unflavored and I'm never going back. I mix it with whatever gatorade flavor I like and it has no taste at all. Mix with choc milk. Mix with reg milk. Put it on oatmeal. Whatever you want to do with it.

You sir, are a genius! I may have to try this once I run out of the GNC wheybolic(surprising to me very good in chocolate) I have now.

I'm sure it's a fraction of the price of most flavored whey too, correct?
  • kelvina61
    Options
    six star, 30g protein per scoop. I have only had the chocolate, which is great.

this is what I use and I love it
  • TheLakeBeast
    Options
    Whey is old news, Try Beef Protein or Egg protein. I'm currently using Carnivore by Muscle Meds.... Stacking with Animal Pak, Animal PM, Beast Mode by Beast Sports and Scivation Extend
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia and I'm not sure / doubt you can get it overseas... but I'm using Summit Lean + Mean, Chocolate. http://jettsnutrition.com.au/complete-range/whey-protein-wp-95-i-sml

Seems like a really good, clean protein and it tastes really good, too. I buy it through my gym - Jett's Fitness. :smile: