Weighing

Options
How often does everyone weigh? currently i am weighing and tracking every week on Monday, but I'd like to start weighing and tracking once a month or so. i was just curious.

Replies

• TheNikster98
    Options
    I weigh every morning right after my shower. I like having more data to work with.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Personal preference. Some people do not use scales but measurements instead. I weigh every thursday but do not necessarily post it.

As for tracking, do you mean food? That I do every day. Every BLT - bite, lick, tastes.
  • klp63
    klp63 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Personal preference. Some people do not use scales but measurements instead. I weigh every thursday but do not necessarily post it.

As for tracking, do you mean food? That I do every day. Every BLT - bite, lick, tastes.

Sorry, I meant I got used to writing my weight down in a personal log. And yeah, that too. I meant to ask if others used measurements to see their progress as well. Thanks :)
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You are welcome. Good Luck!
  • klp63
    Options
    You are welcome. Good Luck!

thank you
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself Monday morning. That way, I have a reason to not lose my *kitten* on the weekends, because I know I want to be light as possible for the upcoming scale. I used to weigh myself every morning, but I found that that didn't help me as much because of the daily fluctuations.
  • ohthatzhott
    ohthatzhott Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself when I wake up and before bed. I keep a close track and record data on my phone app
  • dr3w_s
    dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning especially after I went to the toilet, I consider it my nett weight :)
  • cheshire29
    Options
    Once a week officially. Twice a week just to keep track of progress. I am on vacation right now and it has been 10 days sine I weighed myself. This is the longest I've gone in a year and it is a little challenging!
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I shoot for once a week. I only record when I weight myself at my gym. This is because, I believe in consistency and I don't trust any of the other scales in my life other than my Doctor's. I wear shorts and a t-shirt and no shoes, though I do know approx what my shoes and my cell phone weigh.

However...I do weigh myself every time I workout. One of the gyms I workout at has a crappy dial scale that's 10 lbs low unless you stand on it really far forward.

Any time I have at least a 1 lb loss, I record my new weight. I only record full pounds.
  • kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record every Sunday morning. I'll step on the scale a few more times during the week out of curiosity, but I don't record it and don't let it get to me.
  • klp63
    Options
    It seems like everyone weighs weekly. I know I weigh myself throughout the week out of curiosity, but don't write it down. I think it just gets overwhelming when the scale doesn't move, it's like, can I just throw the thing away and be done with it?! lol
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning without any clothes on, after I've used the bathroom, with no food or water in my stomach. And I take measurements and progress pictures every 4th of the month. :3 (But sometimes I forget/get lazy and it ends up being the 5th.)
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm only weighing my self about once a month, when I go into the doctor's office, or to a friend's house. I tend to get a little obessive about weighing myself when I have a scale at home.
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I think it's truly a matter of personal preference... I tend to take my weight once a week. :smile:
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I used to weight in every Saturday morning, and it was to much. So now I am not going to weigh in till end of January and then start once per months, maybe. For me personally, I think measurements and BF% are key over the scale.
  • klp63
    Options
    Right now, I'm only weighing my self about once a month, when I go into the doctor's office, or to a friend's house. I tend to get a little obessive about weighing myself when I have a scale at home.

I know how it is! I weighed myself this morning. At least the number went down a bit lol :)