Every number I go down...

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
...is a new number for me! The lowest number I remember myself being in recent years was189. That was about 10 years ago. I weighed in this morning at 186!

I've never seen myself weigh 186, so it's exciting! I can remember at one point in about 1996 I was on a diet and I was about 170, 175. Aside from that, I have no idea what I weighed at any point in my life.

Is that weird or does that ring true for anyone else? What I mean is, not once while I was busy eating my way through the years, I never knew what I weighed. I have no idea if I was ever 120, 140 or 180 lbs. Of course, I WAS, but to just eat my way up to 249 lbs, without ever sitting back and thinking about what I was doing to myself, it just blows my mind now!

Replies

• aisha11188
    Options
    Well done! Keep up the good work!!!
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm the same way! The only thing I have to go by is remembering pants sizes. I sit and think "Man, I know I was a size 16 in high school.. but how much did I weight?" I have no memory what-so-ever of my weight when I was younger. It makes it a little harder to set goals. All the people wanting to weight what they did at a certain time in their lives.. I can't do those.
  • Ironwoman3
    Options
    U r doing a great job! Congrats and the weight loss so far!
  • toots99
    Options
    I'm the same way! The only thing I have to go by is remembering pants sizes. I sit and think "Man, I know I was a size 16 in high school.. but how much did I weight?" I have no memory what-so-ever of my weight when I was younger. It makes it a little harder to set goals. All the people wanting to weight what they did at a certain time in their lives.. I can't do those.

Me neither!

And I don't remember ever wearing smaller than a size 14 pants...aside from now, when I can wear a 12. :drinker:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

Is that weird or does that ring true for anyone else? What I mean is, not once while I was busy eating my way through the years, I never knew what I weighed. I have no idea if I was ever 120, 140 or 180 lbs. Of course, I WAS, but to just eat my way up to 249 lbs, without ever sitting back and thinking about what I was doing to myself, it just blows my mind now!

Same for me! I'm smaller now than I've ever been as an adult. I think I weighed the same as I do now during the first par to fmy junior year of high school. But I look totally different now -- now I carry my weight more in my hips/thighs & I have a much thinner face (which means I look better now... :tongue:).

So yeah, every pound I lose, I'm the "lightest I've ever been as an adult." :smile:
  • momof2gr8ones
    Options
    My problem is that I carry more weight than what I look like... It is so frustrating, b/c there is no way I will get to my "recommended weight" or I will be just skin and bones - not my ideal body for sure! I love your amazing attitude! Congrats on your great progress! :flowerforyou: Keep going!
  • toots99
    Options
    Thanks!

This is the third (and LAST!) time I've lost the same 50 lbs!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Until I started MFP I never owned a scale in my life. So my weight is judged by my yearly checkup..I now weigh less than I did in November 2008! Next stop..2007 (141).
  • toots99
    Options
    EXcellent work!
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    Its a great feeling isn't it?!!!! I can say that I really didn't know my actually weight for many years. What I do know is that I'm gonna hit the 160's and soon and I remember the last time I was at thos numbers was in 1988!!!!!! 22 years ago!!!!! Funny thing is, I truly believe I am much more healthy and fit than I was back then!!!!
  • toots99
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou:

Like you, I am sure I'm much healthier now that I was then!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!