Do anyone of you NOT own a scale?

Options
I threw my scale out a couple of months ago. It was acting all weird and wouldn't give a consistant reading. I got rid of it thinking it would be better to just focus on eating healthy and exercising, but two months later I reeeeally want to get one. But I know when I do, I'll just go back to beating myself up for not weighing what i think I should. (last year I was pretty hard on myself).
Is there anyone else who doesn't have a scale? Do you go by how your clothes fit, or measurements?

Replies

• LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I dont own a scale! or a measuring tape... I go off how clothes fit and off pictures... I take progress pics.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I do not own a scale. I weigh at the gym every so often but at home I just go by clothing, measuring tape and visuals.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I don't! I stop by my doctor's office once every couple of weeks or so just to weigh. If I weigh often, it would be disappointing because I have slowed significantly. But if I weigh, and I've lost a half a pound in two weeks, I'm happy with the loss!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i do not need a scale. I used to work in the circus and can tell me weight (or yours) just by looking at you.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Me!

I stopped weighing myself at the age of 14 as my personal protest to the obsessiveness of weight, especially among women. I started weighing myself again at the age of 24 because I was losing weight on a medication and I was working on gaining it back. After I was back to a healthy weight I stopped weighing myself again.

I don't know my measurements. I just look at my body naked. But at the moment I am not really trying to change my body. When I start working out more to increase my muscle mass I may take some measurements or I might just do progress pics.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale. I weigh in at the Y on the same scale.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I chose not to own a scale bcuz I got too obsessive about weighing myself all the time. I weigh in at my mothers house whenever I visit which is usually about once a month or every 6 wks tops... I take measurements weekly and its also about how I feel in my clothes
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale. I weigh in at the Y on the same scale.
    [/quote

Me too! And it gives me the motivation to go to the gym!
  • Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't my last digital one got weird and i threw it out. i get weighed and measured at Curves anyway.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I own a scale, but have become much less fanatical about it. I used to weigh myself 2+ times a day. Now I try to remember to do it every week or so. I use clothes and physical challenges to figure out how I am doing. I still have weight to lose, but rather than worry about a number, I decided to be happy about needing new belt, since all my other ones were two big to be of any use.
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I dont own a scale either. I am too shy to weight in my gym (where the location of the scale is full of males) :(
    Sometimes(extremely rare), I weight on the scale which is belong to my bf's mum which ages at least more than 7 years LOL.
    I always got the same reading (for almost a year). And now, I am doubted if its working properly LOL
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale. Sometimes I weigh myself at the gym, which I know isn't that accurate because I'm obviously dressed when I weigh myself. But really I don't think it's so necessary to have one.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I own a Wii Fit, Lord knows how accurate it is.

Last used in July.
  • patgailgallery
    Options
    I think not owning a scale is agreat idea. I was too stuck on mine. If I lost weight I celebrated by eating more. If I gained weight I got depressed and ate more. It's all about how I feel and how my clothes fit.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked this! I just joined and was setting up my account yesterday and wanted to ask this, because I don't have one and have no idea what I weigh to put on my starting weight...so I guessed. I think I will try to weigh at a pharmacy soon, but I worry about the amount that all the boots and Winter clothes will add!