How do you think I am going so far?

Options
So I have managed breakfast but I will other than that how am I going in my first few days? Happy for comments :)

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for comments on your diary? You need to set it to public.

Or on something else?
  • QueenStephanie
    QueenStephanie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah on my diary sorry? Do I have to change something lol (You can tell I am new)
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The salad is good! I think if you set your diary to show "sugar" you will be very surprised at how much you are consuming with the types of foods you have logged there (I only looked at the latest entry by the way). Try to keep away from foods that haven't been grown or killed i.e. good foods = veg, fruits, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, legumes etc. Once food is processed it includes salts, sugars and bad carbs.

Also you might like to try eating smaller meals but more often - 5-6 times a day? it will keep your metabolism up at a constant level and you won't get dips and peaks that come with eating a large meal then nothing for several hours. I found that the hardest to do but now I eat regularly I am more able to make good choices cos I am not starving for my next meal.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    Options
    ALSO, your exercise diary doesn't show much at all and with your macros set to 1950 calories I am not sure you will be losing weight on that high a level? How is it going weight-wise?
  • QueenStephanie
    Options
    Thanks whats this about sugar? I didnt know about that?

Yea I am not hungry ever though really so dont know whether to change eating times.
  • QueenStephanie
    Options
    That is because been so overweight and unfit I can only managed 10 minutes? Lol I thought I was doing ok but now you mentioned that and the sugar thing ekkk What could I have for yummy snacks then instead? :)
  • QueenStephanie
    Options
    It automatically set the calories for me?
  • scorpiotwinkles
    Options
    I've sent you a message.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    eat all the calories - hit 1950 per day every day
    more protein (mfp setting is minimum so you want to hit it or even go read)
    more fruits and veggies (for fiber you may want to track fiber)
    you are drinking a lot of your calories, nothing wrong with that, but make sure you get your protein and some healthy fats* every day
    and drink only the left calories...

* fatty fish like salmon, nuts, olive oil are examples of healthy fats
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The salad is good! I think if you set your diary to show "sugar" you will be very surprised at how much you are consuming with the types of foods you have logged there (I only looked at the latest entry by the way). Try to keep away from foods that haven't been grown or killed i.e. good foods = veg, fruits, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, legumes etc. Once food is processed it includes salts, sugars and bad carbs.

Also you might like to try eating smaller meals but more often - 5-6 times a day? it will keep your metabolism up at a constant level and you won't get dips and peaks that come with eating a large meal then nothing for several hours. I found that the hardest to do but now I eat regularly I am more able to make good choices cos I am not starving for my next meal.

sorry but your advice is rubbish

no need to have 5-6 small meals, meals timing is irrevelant. I skip breakfast to enjoy large dinner, works great for me
    no need to track sugar, sugar is not evil,
    no need to exclude any type of food, as long as you hit your macros (balance protein, fats and carbs)
  • kartikluthra
    Options
    no am not thik you go far....i think you not going far....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eat to your calorie target. Try to get the green number at the bottom as close to zero as possible. Eat a varied diet of mainly nutritious foods but do not worry about having treats every now and again. Also, unless you have a medical condition, you do not need to track sugar.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    That is because been so overweight and unfit I can only managed 10 minutes? Lol I thought I was doing ok but now you mentioned that and the sugar thing ekkk What could I have for yummy snacks then instead? :)

Don't worry about the sugar. It is a subset of carbs - unless you have a medical condition, just track carbs.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    ALSO, your exercise diary doesn't show much at all and with your macros set to 1950 calories I am not sure you will be losing weight on that high a level? How is it going weight-wise?

She has over 120lb to lose, her BMR and therefore TDEE will very high - 1950 is a very reasonable target to lose weight. I do it on those calories and I am 20 years older and much lighter.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You definitely should eat more fruit and vegetables! And I would recommend eating less processed breads and instead eat more complex carbohydrates (steel cut oatmeal, quinoa, etc). Also, try swapping the fattier meats (beef, ham, etc) for things like chicken breast and fish.

Edited to add-- you need to track fiber as well, because I doubt you are getting enough w/o cruciferous veggies in your diet.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options

She has over 120lb to lose, her BMR and therefore TDEE will very high - 1950 is a very reasonable target to lose weight. I do it on those calories and I am 20 years older and much lighter.

If someone doesn't understand this... well, you don't really have much of a leg to stand on while giving dieting advice.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Eat to your calorie target. Try to get the green number at the bottom as close to zero as possible. Eat a varied diet of mainly nutritious foods but do not worry about having treats every now and again. Also, unless you have a medical condition, you do not need to track sugar.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

Oh yeah... and listen to Sara, she knows her stuff :)