Best way to track P90X Workouts in Diary???

Options
I was wondering if someone knew the best way to log P90X workouts in your myfitnesspal diary? I know it won't be exact, but it would be nice to have a calorie avg. for male and female that we could start adding to our diary.

Replies

• jmatecki
    jmatecki Posts: 32
    Options
    http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
    Check out this website it helps you better estimate your calorie burn as long as you have a heart rate monitor.....it works and no math to do except put in the numbers. Hope this helps.
  • griffirn
    griffirn Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks! I was trying to avoid buying a heart rate monitor, but it seems like if myfitnesspal doesn't incorporate P90X DVD in the exersice banks, I will have to get one.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    heart rate monitor probably won't help you out for P90x either. The math it uses isn't geared for strength/circuit training. I use a HRM with p90x exclusively to find out if im overdoing it and need to step back for a second and rest.
  • griffirn
    Options
    Yeah. I was basically just looking to add something in my exercise diary. I feel enough people do the P90X program to the point where the can have it in the exersice bank. It doesn't have to be exact just an average for example, lets say 180-215lb male doing the Back & Biceps DVD avg. calorie burn 600 calories. They could have diffrent calorie averages for different weight classes for male and female for each DVD. Like I said just so you could put something there in your diary. If not the HRM with the calculation is the next best thing. Thanks for your input!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    no worries...just remember something (they don't highlight). For the strenght training days on p90x you're probably doing something like circuit/interval training (found under cardio on this site). Also, when they say 600 calories burned for those days, that's really only if you are doing it like they are and have similar muscle mass. So if you really bring it for the whole thing on those days, go ahead and feel fine about giving yourself 600 cals if you are the 180-215lb male....and just scale it down accordingly...somedays may just be 300. Kenpo and Yoga, 600 calories? forget about it..
  • nali_12
    nali_12 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ya really hrm is the best thing. even during the weight exercises it's nice to see my hr and what my total calorie burn is. Even in the same workout my calorie burn changes from week to week so the hrm really is a good way to track it. As my body has gotten more fit I don't seem to burn quite as much as I did in my first round (maybe I need to push it more) but it is interesting to see how it has changed. i think lots of people enter their p90x workouts in the diary but they won't be visible to you since they added them....ok, enough of my rambling. good luck!
  • griffirn
    Options
    Yeah...It seems like in order to complete my goal of just putting something in my exercise diary I'm going to have to invest in a HRM. Thank you all for your input. I've been a memeber for less than 2 hours and have been responded to like 10 times in 2 posts!