Workout DVD buying Addiction....

Options
I was cleaning my room and I opened a draw it was like a "jelly bean" can and when you open it the snake pops out... well instead of a snake it was ALL my workout DVDs that if purchased over the last year lol. Im starting to have a serious addiction, anyone else have this slight problem?

Replies

• SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I do kind of love them, yes :smile:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Yep, my stack of workout DVDs is about 3 feet tall.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm downloading them free off YouTube. Now I'm on their email list and they send me suggestions almost every day.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    There are worse addictions! X
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Depends - she might be eating the Workout DVDs. :bigsmile:
  • Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

Depends - she might be eating the Workout DVDs. :bigsmile:

shhhh its a healthy snack HAHA
  • MarcoRod
    MarcoRod Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    as long as youre actually doing the workouts there's no problem. if they are new, untouched then that's not good.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Put them in a small bag and do side raises with the bag.
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize how many I had in boxes in my "basement gym" til I got a really cool wooden shelf-4 rows of shelves on it and thought it would be a great place to store my workout dvds.
    After I was done, my workout dvds filled 3 of the 4 shelves!!
    But their all tidy now too!! And I tried to categorize them according to what they might be-all cardio together. Strength centered workouts. Or pilates/yoga which I put all together since they are like abs/stretching.
  • ericapabis
    ericapabis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! www.videofitness.com You will find many more of us out there! I acquired over 100 in one year...but have done most of them! At this site you can trade them too ;)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Nope, I have all the ones I need either on my portable hard drive or on youtube. I workout where my laptop is so I have no need for DVDs at all.
  • baconbitsy
    baconbitsy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think I'm getting there... I find myself searching eBay and Amazon and buying more than one a day. I'm excited about them all, keep them in a notebook and do one every day. Help! :-)
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I found myself combing craigslist, skimming Amazon, and discovering all the little hidey-hole sites out there that sell fitness DVDs and realized I was starting to cultivate a problem. I'm now looking into some of the subscription-based sites that offer streaming video instead. Most are about $10/month and offer hundreds of workouts in all different fitness areas, with new content added weekly.

I know there are free workouts on YouTube and other sites, but the idea of a tidy package appeals to me. :)
  • Otrogen
    Options
    I use YouTube to get my workout videos when I feel like I need them. I have some of the big ones that have been super popular, but honestly I feel better when I set my own workout routines, though yoga videos can be quite helpful.
  • DZFitness
    DZFitness Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd be careful about the good emotions of buying workout DVD's without actually using them.. you're just falling prey to that little dopamine hit from the feeling of empowerment.. the follow-through is the hard part
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd be careful about the good emotions of buying workout DVD's without actually using them.. you're just falling prey to that little dopamine hit from the feeling of empowerment.. the follow-through is the hard part

You're absolutely right! At least I use the ones I buy. I am getting hooked on Jillian Michaels dvd's since doing the 30 day shred. I have some yoga dvd's too that have taken a back seat to JM so I need to revisit those.