P 90X Question

Options
I am starting my first day of 90x tom. and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or feedback/ success stories about the program. I was looking around online last night for “real” feedback and or stories about it but I was not sure which ones were actual people or just people from the company. If any has any before or after pictures that they would be willing to show that would be amazing!! I know it is a challenging system but I need to mix up my workouts and I am excited about trying something new!

Thanks for all the help!! :)

Replies

• amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Have you gone to the beachbody website? They have tons of people on there with before and after pictures. I am on my fourth week of P90X. The hardest part so far for me has been the suggested nutrition plan. I am a big carb person and the first phase limits your carb intake. But other then that it is a great workout program. My husband is doing it with me. He is doing it to gain and be more fit and I am doing it to lose and tone up.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Have you searched the forums? There are tons and tons of posts that have to do with P90X
  • ktmunchie
    ktmunchie Posts: 35
    Options
    My husband and I are in the middle of week 6 right now. We love it. I have lost 11 pounds since I started. I have muscles in my arms and legs that I can actually see again! I have 2 words of advice. 1. push play everyday. It is hard for me to do on some days, I "just don't feel like doing it" but when I make myself and I am done I feel awesome! 2. don't get discouraged if you can't make it through an entire routine. Take breaks when you need to. It wasn't until my 3rd try doing Plyometrics that I made it all the way to the end. Don't give up, just do what you can, modifiy if you need to and keep moving.

I love it and I hope you will too!! Stick with it, it didn't take long for me to start seeing results. Good Luck!!!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started it a week ago and I can feel the difference in my abs and arms! My legs are lacking because it's so much working out that I haven't been at the gym doing cardio as much (hectic week) That and I had a horrible eating splurge this weekend. It's good though. I forgot to take pictures last week but I did this morning! Good luck!
  • jawolfe
    jawolfe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Loved it! It really toned up my upper body which also gained strength. It is tough though!! best of luck to you!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    i am on wk 10, and LOVE IT! before p90x I went to gym and did cardio and a few days of weights but nothing major....kind of just getting by. When I started p90X I could not even do 1 push up, i had no muscle defintition. After 10 wk I have lost 12 lbs (i am now in normal wt range) I can do push ups and I can see muscles! LOL! I feel better than ever have in just 10 wks. I am not where I want to be, but am confident with 1 more round I will be there! I have before pics and will take my 90 days pic in 2 wks...can't wait to see the difference!
    It is definately a challenge and some days are hard...but just push play everyday and you will be happy with the results!
  • lindalloo
    lindalloo Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi Mandy,

I'm afraid I can't offer you any tips or success stories about P90X at this time. But I am also planning to start mine in the very near future, so I would love to follow your progress and share our experiences at the same time. Good luck to you!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I did a combination of P90X, Turbo Jam and Tae bo. You can check out my before and after pics. I lost 127lbs in a little over a year. I am now in really good shape and started the "Insanity" workout also from Beachbody.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I agree with ktmunchie; push play every day whether you feel like it or not (you'll thank yourself later) and do what you can physically do; don't worried about trying to keep up with them right from the get-go. My husband and I started P90X yesterday; I had already been doing the Jillian Michael's DVD so it's wasn't too bad for me. But I can't do a pullup w/o a chair yet and some of the pushups are hard for me because I'm not used to doing much other than the standard. My husband on the otherhand hasn't really done a whole lot workout wise so he got his butt kicked lol. My husband's goal is to get more fit and mine is to lose weight and tone up. Let me know how your progress goes!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Here is my before and after photo from last year.

ticker2.jpg

I was really new to fitness back then, only had about a month of yoga and stretching before taking it on. I'm doing my second round right now (on week 4) and expect even better results now that I'm actually fit.

Last year's blogs are here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ghanie?month=200904 ... I posted once a week until the last week or two when I started to post every day. I'm not part of the company and I'm not a coach (though I've thought about it) .. just a mom who always wanted to climb the John Muir trail, learn ballet, run, and a few other things that used to seem impossible.

Anyway, join the P90X main thread! A lot of new people are posting there.