40-Something Yo-Yo Dieter Looking for Friends

Options
Hello! This is neither my first go around for weight loss, nor my first attempt with MyFitnessPal, but I am hoping to make this time the attempt that sticks. In fact in 2012, I lost 30 pounds and regained 20+. When I think about what I've been missing in all of this, I think it's other like-minded, inspired, and inspiring people. If you're someone looking for and willing to give support in this, add me as a friend!

A bit about me:

Just turned 44 on December 22.
Following a somewhat low-carb plan (South Beach Phase One right now).
Avid cyclist and walker who enjoys being active.
Attempting to find inspiration to enjoy strength training and stretching.

Looking forward to getting to know more of you!

Kathy

Replies

• bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I am sending you a friend request. You can do this and having a few friend on here helps in my opinion!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Time to quit that YOYO!!! : )

Diets don't work ...be ready to make changes you can live with for LIFE while loving and living life.

small steps + consistency + persistence = WIN
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    You sound kind of like me in terms of weight loss! I came over to mfp from fatsecret. I lost 50 lbs there, stopped logging, and gained 20 of them back.

I'm going to add you. We can do this together. :)
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Sending a friend request - we can do this!!
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the friend adds. I can use all the help I can get. :)
  • NewMeNext30
    NewMeNext30 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. just sent you a friend request. I am also looking for like minded people, so feel free to send me a request!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Sending you a friend request as well -- I'm new here, too!
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have been a member for a while, but did not do well in 2012. Fresh start for 2013!
    Could use some support from others and I feel more comfortable with strangers on this journey then with my real life friends.

I'm married, no kids, computer nerd.
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    feel free to add me! I've just had my 90th consecutive day log in and love supporting my mfp friends!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sending an FR! Anyone else who wants to add friends for support, feel free to send me an FR.
  • tfitz12
    tfitz12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome back...will send a friend request. I'm starting to get back into MFP myself and can also use support from others to motivate me along the way.