Making Whey protien shakes taste better

Options
2»

Replies

• Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You guys need to find better protein powders if they're tasting so bad you need to add all that. :)

Personally I've never had a problem with MyProtein Impact Whey or True Whey. I swear by their Chocolate Orange flavour. :)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Maybe try Vanilla Almond milk? It's SUPER sweet, like seriously Milkshake sweet if you ask me, it has a lot of sugar tho... but it'll certainly sweeten things up.
    I also really like unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my shakes find it gives is a nice little hit of sweetness. I've also used sugar free vanilla pudding in my shakes, it thickens them a bit as well!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I use a chocolate whey powder with half a banana and PB2 (powdered peanut butter). I add enough crushed ice to blend it together. My wife hates it but I find it tasty.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    After taste is usually the protein powder. I can't stand anything from GNC or Vitamin Shop, to me they have a very bad after taste that I can't get rif of.
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I like using BSN syntha 6. It honestly tastes great, and I hate that protein-y taste.

I mix it with milk, ice, & instant coffee (chocolate milkshake flavor). Although many people I know just drink it with ice & water.
    ^^ This ^^ I switch between the BSN line and the Optical Nutritions Gold Standard line.... both are good. I mostly add either fresh or frozen fruit and almond milk with mine. Sometimes a small amount of PB or shredded coconut.
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    I use GNC and they are great with no aftertaste and I usually don't add everything you do. I have the vanilla and will add some fruit or such to it, I've also just added some instant coffee and made a coffee one with no aftertaste still.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

You might not like the taste of the whey protein you're using I get Spirulina now instead. Also, soy milk is gross; you might want to change that for something with a better taste like vanila enriched rice dream or even milk. Lastly, isn't greek yogurt kind of not sweet? I'd use something else.

My preworkout smoothies are simple: low fat yogurt, calcium enriched OJ, and half a scoop of protein powder. Ether vanilla on the yogurt and pp, or coffee/chocolate.

I like soy milk thank you, to me it tastes better then regular milk but thanks for the advice
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Myofusion and Syntha-6 are so good when made with just water that there's no reason to ever add anything.