Good Morning

Options
Hello everyone, I'm new to these boards - name's Jenny :)

I have always logged my calories and weight in my FitDay software but lately it's been crashing.. I couldn't fix it with all of my troubleshooting expertise (google lol) - so I looked for something new & found my way here. I've been logging food for the past 2 days and so far I really like it.

I gained 40 lbs through college and then dropped 45 lbs with Medifast and p90.. and here I am again a couple years later at exactly the same weight I started at :(

I just turned 27 (luckily I pass for 20 somehow.. lol).. no kids except for my 7 month old Italian Greyhound ;) and am in the middle of working on a second bachelor's degree - in accounting (it's a long story but I'm very happy with my life and career goals now)... I swear it's school that makes me pack on the pounds. Keeping my 4.0 has put a lot of stress on me I guess, and I put everything else second :(

I'm on total vacation until Jan 22 - I quit my crappy retail job of 3 yrs because I knew I wouldn't have time to work there with the intense course load I have next semester, plus I get paid for tutoring during the week when classes start back up. Next summer I'll be staying Vermont (I live in Maine), so I will have to find work there. I figured I might as well leave the job I hate now (the job and customers I enjoyed.. it's that all my reasonable, friendly co-workers left and all that remained was a chauvinistic a-hole and some bossy old ladies). That way I can just spend this vacation focusing on my health.

My weaknesses are wine, chocolate, wine, baking and wine... lol also sitting on my butt and playing computer games for hours..

I will be eating gluten-free (for health reasons but not celiac) and relatively low carb (staying away from rice and starchy things but not totally cutting out all fruit and stuff like sweet potatoes).. trying to keep my carbs around 100 anyway.. calories around 1200.. & no wine of course.. I might have champagne at New Year's but I really shouldn't.. it's a slippery slope that leads to Chinese food... >_>

I will be doing p90 again and interval training. I have followed bodyrock.tv for years and Zuzana has been my inspiration but I have never done any of their workouts. That will change soon! I ordered an interval timer and jump rope to get started :)

I look forward to chatting with all of you :)

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!~! I'm starting over as well. I hate that I'm in this spot, but it is what it is. The new year has new possibilities~!
  • cardgirl48
    Options
    I just started today on this site. I am gluten free because of Celiacs which I just found out I have. I also have gained weight because of being bedbound for four years. I just started to be out of bed last year. I am recently married and really want to get healthy again. I also love making new friends.:flowerforyou:
  • Rabmonk006
    Rabmonk006 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Gwen :)
    I just started today on this site. I am gluten free because of Celiacs which I just found out I have. I also have gained weight because of being bedbound for four years. I just started to be out of bed last year. I am recently married and really want to get healthy again. I also love making new friends.:flowerforyou:

Wow! Congratulations on the marriage :) It's good that you found out about the Celiacs, I bet it has caused you lots of trouble without knowing it! :O I recently read the book "Wheat Belly" which suggests basically we are all wheat sensitive even if not diagnosed with Celiacs, so I am giving the gluten-free thing a go to see if some things improve :) I'll add you!
  • Rabmonk006
    Rabmonk006 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Woops I checked my friend requests and just hit accept immediately without realizing there were messages attached lol I am too trigger happy XD Don't suppose there's anyway to go back and read those huh >_> lol