Almost Two Month Break

Options
I am back after taking a break for what feels like a couple months. I had quit MFP and all efforts on dieting. I took a break because I felt like I was turning into a diet fraud of sorts. I was not being consistent or dedicated to my fitness health program and did not want to waste anyone's time on encouraging me, if my heart was not in it. However, I started to feel the urge to try again after finally taking notice of the magnitude of T.V. commercials being thrown my way in preparation of a New Year turning the corner. So, today I weighed in for the first time since leaving MFP and it was a bit of a surprise that I ended up being the exact same weight as when I weighed in on 4 Nov 2012. I guess it could have been worse, and I could have gained!

Today is a new start for me, a prepping phase of what I hope is to come towards a more positive outcome and success. It is the phase of trying to get past the starting point, the first 30 days, my rut or whatever one chooses to label it. Anyway, I need help and I would love encouragement to get off my keester and get motivated. I have our son's wedding to attend in November 2013 and I want to be a lot healthier. Even if there was no wedding, I just want to be healthier.

So, I'm back and here I am! I look forward to catching up with old MFP friends and making new ones...and I pray for each of us to reach success whether its your first time or your 50th time. :-)

Replies

• xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hiya, reading your post is like reading my own thoughts lol, this is exactly what happened to me.. i weighed myself for the first time after about 3 months off and i have put on a stone and a half so am eager to get started and get back on it.. i will add you now, and anyone else is welcome to add me :)
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I too have been slacking in my efforts of the past few months and in the process have gained back 4 pounds. We can do this with the support of others and by offering dedication and support to others as well. I look forward to cheering you on in the months to come! I have sent a friend request.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    welcome back! you're you own worst critic (or so ppl tell me) you can only change when YOU WANT to....that's it...I think its GREAT that you want to do this again..and not give up. This is one of the biggest decisions of you life :D

Just remember its a life change NOT a diet ..its a long process not a quick fix. Stick with it and you'll see the changes.
  • Mal76137
    Mal76137 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. we are all in this together. Here to support each other. Feel free to add me. Anyone else is welcome to add me as well.
  • JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hello - i can relate

and since my wedding and honeymoon in june i havent mange dto get back on the healthy wagon :( and i am too scared to step on the scales.....
  • mustangmonie
    mustangmonie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a MFP for you. I too had a break, October 20-yesterday. I went to visit my father in Minnesota for his 90th birthday and in a weird turn of events, he passed away on his 90th birthday. I was there to arrange the funeral, then back home where I was in the throws (and now 2 weeks behind) in remodeling 2 homes that are 113 miles apart. Additionally, there were the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and our daughter's 27th birthday so some celebrating and obligations that interfered with the workout plan. I am over the hump with the obligations and pleased that I didn't gain more than one pound in the interim.

I am 50 years old and would like to lose 40 pounds. Thing that bugs me most about being overweight...back fat, yuck!

Add me if you will. Anyone else in a similar position too. I'd love to give and receive the support.