Hello everyone.. New to site from Dallas 100 LBS loss and co

Options
Hi there my name is Jimmie and live in the Dallas area I was informed about this site by a friend and have been looking around and love everything I have seen lots of inspiration and motivation.. I started my journey over 2 years ago and have had several road blocks and set backs but today after watching the Biggest Loser last night i was so motivated i decided to weigh in ( 3 days early ) I am EXTREMELY proud to say i have lost 100 POUNDS as of this morning.... I have always been over weight and was blinded by it thinking i am not that over weight just big boned i was active growing up playing sports (football basketball baseball etc) but by doing that with the extra weight just caused injuries. I reached my "breaking point" when I my mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer ( she is cancer free now ) but that woke me up that I need to do everything in my power to help prevent what I can my family has a history of diabetes. My heaviest was an embarrassing 416lbs it was the week before Thanksgiving 2007 I started the journey and no more than 3 weeks in I had a flare up of gaut which halted everything I had attend on doing. It hurt to even get out of bed for 2 months blood pressure was through the roof 180/150 so the idea of trying to crash diet (atkins south beach etc) just weren't going to happen with all the high sodium you end up consuming. So I decided to do the research learn the right way of doing things and looked for a trainer to help me get started. That is when I started making the change i got down to 385lbs around march of 2008 by just eating right and doing cardio with a little strength training. Then my grandmother got sick and she always wanted me to go to Culinary School she felt I had a gift of cooking which i might add i do.. hehe So i decided to attend Culinary School while working full time during the day and attending school at night made for long days and not much time to rest or work out for that matter. But by changing my "lifestyle" I was able to maintain my weight of 385lbs ish for about a year although not good by any means but being able to maintain while cooking for "class" come on that's awesome right lol. I finished school March of 2009 and knew it was time to keep back to my life goals not just my short term goals. I started working out more than ever I started with lifting weights 3 days a week and doing cardio 15mins after each lift then got to the point I felt like I could push myself more I started lifting 4 days a week and doing cardio after then cardio needed a whole day to its self. Until I am at the point where I am now working out 6 days a week training for a 5k run and benching over 500lbs I am not where I want to be but I am a LONG ways from where I once ways... I am not very good at writing but I felt like I should share my story and look forward to being a participating member of this site and meeting new people to work out with and achieve our goals together.. Plus I'm a Chef now and love to cook healthy..

Nice to meet everyone.
Jimmie.

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far and welcome to MFP!

As a chef what are your favourite healthy recipes?
  • gglenn
    gglenn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you are truly an inspiration!!:flowerforyou:
  • ktmunchie
    ktmunchie Posts: 35
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Welcome to MFP, it is a wonderful tool to help keep you on track. I love it! Good luck with your continued success!
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have done wonderfully before joining this party, and I have no doubt you will reach your goals!
  • sweetcaroline1972
    Options
    Hey Jimmie - I'm fairly new to this site as well but am loving it so far! I'm also from the Dallas area (Frisco) and love knowing that there are people on this site that are within driving distance (it makes me feel like I've got support right in my own "back yard" so to speak). If you dropped 100, you can definitely make it to your goal - no doubt about it! What I like so much about using MFP is that I see "system kudos" when I make my daily goals, but if for some reason I don't quite hit my daily goals I know that tomorrow when I log on, I have a fresh start!

Good luck! Keep us posted!
    Caroline
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: MFP is a really great weight loss tool. I've learned more here that I ever thought I could know about a healthy lifestyle.
    I, too, love to cook & I have been surprised by how much MORE I enjoy cooking now that I prepare healthy meals!
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Jimmie! I to just started this site but am liking it! Congratulations on all the weight you have lost! Isn't that just one of the best feelings?
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you... I have a ton of them I think I will start a blog with recipes I have tried and use. But here lately I have been using a lot of "turkey cutlets" i have used them as spicy buffalo turkey fajitas , soups or just pan frying in some olive oil they are very versatile and great for you.
  • FitnessChefJime
    Options
    Hey Jimmie - I'm fairly new to this site as well but am loving it so far! I'm also from the Dallas area (Frisco) and love knowing that there are people on this site that are within driving distance (it makes me feel like I've got support right in my own "back yard" so to speak). If you dropped 100, you can definitely make it to your goal - no doubt about it! What I like so much about using MFP is that I see "system kudos" when I make my daily goals, but if for some reason I don't quite hit my daily goals I know that tomorrow when I log on, I have a fresh start!

Good luck! Keep us posted!
    Caroline

It's a great feeling knowing that I am not alone on this journey and agree it is awesome knowing that it is going on around me I am in Richardson.. I am very impressed with what this site has to offer .. :smile:
  • FitnessChefJime
    Options
    Hi Jimmie! I to just started this site but am liking it! Congratulations on all the weight you have lost! Isn't that just one of the best feelings?

Thanks.. Its an amazing feeling..
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
    Congratulations, chefjime, and good luck with meeting your future goals!

(You should totally use the blog feature on here for posting your recipes. I know I'd find them very helpful!)
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    WOW!!! You have made some huge strides. Congrats on the 100 pounds!!! I think you have come to the right place to continue on this awesome journey you have already started. Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    Great job Jimmie! Congrats on the progress and keep up the great work!
  • libra1721
    libra1721 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Cynthia. I am a mother of 3 beuatiful children and only 30. I look like i am 30 with 3 kids but i want to look like i'm just 30 and people say "wow you have 3 kids". @ Jimmy you keep up the good work and i am sure you will accomplish your goal.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    You must have one awesome friend to introduce you to such a wonderful web site! :bigsmile: :laugh:

I have to agree I think you should post a blog with all the recipes!!

Think it's great that you have made this lifestyle change and have come this far. I know you will reach your final goal!
  • Corrine5n
    Corrine5n Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome Jimmy...what a great story your an inspiration...and I hope you will be posting tons of recipes...
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Hey, great job! I'm not too far from Dallas, in Lewisville, and I work in Grapevine!

Congratulations on the success...it's hard work but it's so worth it in the long run! :drinker:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome, what a wonderful achievement you have done. And a chief. The best of 2 worlds because you probably don't mind, even enjoy cooking healthy. Welcome to the site. It is a wonderful support group.
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a wonderful site.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Jimmy, I am from the Dallas area too. I lived in Mesquite ,Texas. Close to where Amberc lives. She is in the next town over from me,Forney Texas. All of us Dallas site needs to have lunch together one of these days.

What a wonderful job you have done. And I am sure you sucess will continue on. You will find this a very friendly place. I have met some wonderful friends here
    WELCOME

Marie