Polar ft40 or Polar ft7??

Options
Ughhhhhh.....I'm so torn. I had the Polar f6 for several years and loved it. Used it almost daily. It just kicked off. I'm looking for a new HRM and can't decide. If you have one can you share which? Along with your likes and dislikes?

Edit....wrong forum sorry :/

Replies

• FightingforFit82
    Options
    I know I have the wrong forum but can anyone help?
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I personally have the ft7 and it works very well!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Heart Rate Monitor FT4 and I love it, never had a problem with anything. When I was figuring out which one I wanted, I did a google search for "Polar HRM compare" or something like that and was able to compare them all
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    totally depends on what you want out of your HRM. If you just want heart rate and calories burned, go with the cheaper option.
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    What all can the ft7 do ?
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    Pretty much everything the ft40 can. I just can't decide. Want to know others experience with them.
  • sm1zzle
    Options
    Pretty much everything the ft40 can. I just can't decide. Want to know others experience with them.

What all can the ft40 do ?

I'm ignorant when it comes to HRM's sorry. Though I would like to get one.
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    Go here:

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/compare

You can compare them :). I hate that I can't decide. Hoping others can share their personal likes/dislikes
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I compared them, but I have the Polar ft 60 and I love it!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Neither... A Garmin FR70... After years of crap with polar I finally saw the light and bought a Garmin. No more crazy readings and it drove me nutty not syncing with the strap. Thank goodness for no more of that! Lol. Everyone I know with. Polar (10+) has had the same issues! Go Garmin! X
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT4 about a month ago and it is my 1st HRM. I am very happy with it. It is accurate and easy to use.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Ughhhhhh.....I'm so torn. I had the Polar f6 for several years and loved it. Used it almost daily. It just kicked off. I'm looking for a new HRM and can't decide. If you have one can you share which? Along with your likes and dislikes?

Edit....wrong forum sorry :/

I just ordered the FT7 over the FT40 because the battery is easily replaceable. I also spent a lot of time researching this choice
  • sm1zzle
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/583763-polar-ft4-vs-ft7-vs-ft40

Looks like more people go with the FT7.
    Not a bad price either.
  • sm1zzle
    Options
    Neither... A Garmin FR70... After years of crap with polar I finally saw the light and bought a Garmin. No more crazy readings and it drove me nutty not syncing with the strap. Thank goodness for no more of that! Lol. Everyone I know with. Polar (10+) has had the same issues! Go Garmin! X

Is that one with GPS ?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    No but there was is one higher up with GPS x
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    FT7, Love mine
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    Thank you all very much!!!!