Zero Calorie Foods?

Options
Real, or fake? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• cwashkowiak
    cwashkowiak Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Everything I've tasted has been terrible, but honestly, I've only tried a few things.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing. Besides, why would you want to eat ANYTHING with no nutritional/energy value?
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    there's no food that is zero calories but some foods, like celery, are considered zero calorie or negative calorie foods because they only have like 2 calories and you burn more calories than that chewing and actually eating it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Food is defined by having calories.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    black coffee
    mustard
    ice.....
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles, while they by themselves have 0 calories and no nutritional value *besides 1 gram of fiber* make it so that you can enjoy foods you wouldn't normally be able to due to its filler value. Who wants to eat 1 cup of pad thai with real noodles, when you can have 2-3 cups for the same caloric costs with shiritaki?
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If I burn more calories eating/preparing a food, then I would consider that food calorie free.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    black coffee
    mustard
    ice.....

Black coffee can have up to five calories per serving, more if it's a flavored coffee.
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'd be awfully suspicious of any food that claims to have zero cals - it's probably chocked up with sketchy chemicals... unless it's like lettuce or celery, and even those have some calories :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    black coffee
    mustard
    ice.....

8 oz. of coffee has 2 calories.
    Mustard has 3 calories in 1 teaspoon
    ice is water and not a food?

Most foods that are actual FOODS (key word here) actually DO have calories. They can be advertised as "0" calories if they are less than 5 calories per the FDA.

Again though, your body NEEDS calories, and nutrition. Why would you purposely consume things with little to none?
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Most foods that are actual FOODS (key word here) actually DO have calories. They can be advertised as "0" calories if they are less than 5 calories per the FDA.

Again though, your body NEEDS calories, and nutrition. Why would you purposely consume things with little to none?

I know I eat Shiritaki noodles which is 0, so that I can enjoy meals that I couldn't usually have on a lower calorie lifestyle. People who eat only 0 calorie foods without anything added, that I don't understand.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles, while they by themselves have 0 calories and no nutritional value *besides 1 gram of fiber* make it so that you can enjoy foods you wouldn't normally be able to due to its filler value. Who wants to eat 1 cup of pad thai with real noodles, when you can have 2-3 cups for the same caloric costs with shiritaki?

because they resemble worms
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    black coffee
    mustard
    ice.....

Black coffee can have up to five calories per serving, more if it's a flavored coffee.
    if your really going to count those " up to 5 calories" i think you have a problem
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Pickles
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    black coffee
    mustard
    ice.....

if your really going to count those " up to 5 calories" i think you have a problem

Coffee has calories, Judgey McJudger. Whether it's counted or not, and whether people who do count it 'have a problem', is irrelevant.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Pickles

Yeah, cucumbers have calories. Pickle manufacturers just portion control the slices to make them less than 5 calories so they can report it as "0". They have calories.
  • mommycordillia
    Options

I count every single calorie.....when I put spinach on a wrap it is only like 3 calories....but those small calories add up quickly, so i count them just so I know exactly what I've put in.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Other than Water. NO. Feel free to pretend all you want that your food doesn't have calories - but when your scale won't budge don't complain that all you eat are zero calorie foods.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    For the same reason that people have sex with no intention of procreating.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    ice.....

ICE, love it :drinker: