Hydroxycut cycle

Options
Well, just got done with a month of Hydroxycut. Hopefully it counts as a decent success story. I started running outside more once the month began, unfortunately I cut out a lot of the weights I had been doing, just because I've gotten so busy lately. Plan on getting back to hit 4-5 days a weeks here pretty soon. Anyways:

Before:
0310000836.jpg

After: Sorry about the sweatiness, had just got back from runnign when I was inspired.
0407001128a.jpg
0407001127.jpg

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    The images don't seem to be working. For me anyway.

Edit: NVM - they work now. And that's pretty impressive!
  • TanRobins
    TanRobins Posts: 44
    Options
    wow, you don't seem to look like you need Hydroxycut...did you loose any weight?
  • bluexiii
    bluexiii Posts: 36
    Options
    I think you need to post your workout regimen and diet on here as well. You are going to get a lot of new people on here thinking they can take the easy way out by just taking a little pill.

Most of these weight loss pills have been proven to AT MOST burn an extra 100-ish calories a day (depending on the person).

Hopefully people won't see this and think they can stop eating healthy/working out and just take a pill to get results.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I think you need to post your workout regimen and diet on here as well. You are going to get a lot of new people on here thinking they can take the easy way out by just taking a little pill.

Most of these weight loss pills have been proven to AT MOST burn an extra 100-ish calories a day (depending on the person).

Hopefully people won't see this and think they can stop eating healthy/working out and just take a pill to get results.

I like the way you put this.
  • nickkehagias
    Options

Good point, I'll edit something in when I get to work.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options

I completely agree! I'm more interested in the actions you took to get looking the way you do (which is great, by the way!) than the pills you took. Diet, workout regime, etc.

I'm kind of anti-pill, though. :)
  • nickkehagias
    Options
    So, bluexii brought up a good point. I was going to edit this into the OP, but I guess that's not possible here on MFP.

Everyone should know that Hydroxycut is NOT a wonder-pill, and hasn't been a real diet pill since Ephedrine came off the market years ago. I actually decided to try it on a whim. I went into GNC to get creatine, and when they didn't have what I wanted, I figured I'd give it a try. I think what it did for me most was act as an appetite suppressant and a sub-conscious motivation. I hate to take all the credit away from it, because I've always had some stubborn belly fat that is finally starting to go away, so who knows.

I spent January and February lifting pretty hard. I was lifting and jogging 5 or 6 days a week, and keeping my caloric intake around 2200-2500 Calories a day. I was just putting on size, not trying to lose weight. Between the bulking lifts and no major caloric deficit, I was getting back into shape, but not cut like I'd like to be for summer.

In March, I changed things up. I didn't have enough time to really keep going to the gym, so I started doing stuff at home.

I was eating about 1500 calories a day, give or take, and drinking LOTS of water to stay hydrated.

I was doing the kinds of workouts you can do at home. Pushups/Crunches/Pullups on MWF and Leg Lifts/Curls/Chin ups on T/Th. I started running about 6 miles a week, outside where you get a better workout IMO. I did some supplemental stuff in between, pullups when I walked past my pullup bar, leg lifts before getting in the shower, and the like.

Recently(minus about a 4-5 day slipup on vacation/Easter this past week) I started eating really clean too. Cereal in the morning, rice snacks or a piece of fruit for a snack, grilled chicken for lunch and dinner, etc. I've started cutting out all but the recomended amounts of sodium intake too.

I'm probably leaving something out, but hopefully t his at least clears up that I wasn't just sitting around all day waiting for a pill to make me skinny.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!