31 lbs down since end of September

Options
stehmari
stehmari Posts: 110 Member
Hi there. I was contemplating on posting as I'm not near my goal. I decided to post because I needed some motivation today. This site has basically saved my life. At 29 and almost 300 lbs I wasn't able to do a lot of things. I was miserable and headed to a dead end, literally. I started this journey towards the end of September and have lost about 31 lbs. Going out and having a good time was part of my life. I have cut out all alcohol and quit smoking- it's going on 3 months now :-)

I've always been overweight, even as a toddler. I remember when I was younger and the local retail shops started to carry plus size jeans. The brand was zana-di if anyone remembers. I was so happy that a company made clothes I could fit into. I was in elementary school writing a letter to the company while crying to tell them how thankful I was to them.

I was never one of the "pretty girls" and didn't go to prom and yada yada. I let my weight define me, because by most people including family that was how I was defined. But, since September I took control! I started walking 10 minutes at a time. I just made it part of my routine to GET UP and DO SOMETHING. I owe my health and my life to this site. Thank you!

July 2012
stevemevacay2012_zpsc7373db6-1_zps0acf8a59.jpg

December 2012
IMAG0773_zpsa420ecf1.jpg

Replies

• sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am so very moved by your story. First off...good for you! Sounds like your begining to love yourself again.

Your story has given me modivation today so thank you.
  • mjmbjmgjm1
    mjmbjmgjm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! My childhood was full of similar memories. We can do this !!! :)

Feel free to add me
  • katattak73
    Options
    thats awesome..keep up the great work and dedication!
  • graceann72
    Options
    Congratulations!! This is very motivational!! Great job!!
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I took baby steps, but I'm doing it! A 10 minute walked has progressed to jogging. Never thought I'd get here.
  • mirandaallyn
    mirandaallyn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great work so far! :)
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Awesome - look how small your waist is! Love it! Congrats!
  • landmsmommy
    landmsmommy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great work so far!
  • futureflaka
    futureflaka Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I took baby steps, but I'm doing it! A 10 minute walked has progressed to jogging. Never thought I'd get here.

Congrats! I HATE running/jogging since I've had asthma all my life. Being overweight didn't help the matter. I will start with brisk walking and work my way to a faster pace. Thanks for sharing your story very inspirational! :smile: :smile:
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! You look terrific.
    And CONGRATULATIONS on quitting tobacco! Never go back.
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    grate work!! big difference
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    way to go. keep doing what your doing! =D
  • RhondaMH65
    RhondaMH65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are getting a waist, fantastic!
  • dcat4563
    dcat4563 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    your story is very motivational! keep working for your goals!!!
  • Congratulation!! You may not be where you hoped to be but its progress not perfection. You have really come a long way 31 pounds is really hard to lose, job well done.
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Your doing great!
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    That is awesome!!! You look beautiful keep up the great work! Happy New Year! 2013 holds many more great things!
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress! Keep up the hard work and you'll get to your goal.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Wow -- I am impressed that's only 3 months -- great job! You look so much healthier & happier = )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!