Wow no wonder...

Options
So kinda fell off the wagon yesterday... okay so that's a bit of an understatement. Had a great breakfast, skipped my workout because I was supposed to go snowmobiling all day (the way I ride it's a HELL of a workout). One of out sleds broke 1/2 mile up the trail. Came back home. Ended up going to Pita Pit (with good intentions). Didn't realize my pita was 1000 cals. (HOLY S**T!). Still not in too bad of shape. Found some left over movie theater popcorn from my wife sitting on the counter. Ate it. Made me more hungry, at a left over turkey burger burrito in fridge, ate it. So I should have been stopping myself at this point. Nope. Went to the bar (which I usually never drink). Drank 6 or so Coor's Lights. Got the drunk hungriness. Order a flipping BACON BURGER! WTF!!!! Oh and fries. and ranch. Lets just add another 2000 cals or so to an already terrible day.

Anyway, woke up. Felt stupid. In the past I maybe would have gotten depressed and gave up. Not today! P90X Legs and Back today! So I realize that one day of being completely retarded is not going to ruin my goals but jesus no wonder I got fat. That was like a normal day in my life before. I never counted how many calories I was eating in my former way of life but I ate close to 5,000 yesterday! WOW!

So one question I do have. Have you guys slipped up like this and what did you do the next day? Just continue on like it never happened? Eat super light the next day? Just curious.

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    no-one answered this? really?
    well my friends who have bad days like this tell me they just get back on the plan next day
    they don't eat significantly less than goal, but tend to chuck in a really good work out on the day after the foodfest.

they say
    "one day won't make you put on too much weight, just reset and get back to the program"
  • theletup
    Options
    sweated my *kitten* off in my workout today ha ha.. Probably mostly beer and bacon grease.

Hitting my RESET button in 3..2..1 ahh better
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    So one question I do have. Have you guys slipped up like this and what did you do the next day? Just continue on like it never happened? Eat super light the next day? Just curious.

1. brag on MFP about all the food i ate
    2. continue on back on plan
    3. if there's a workout, slam it extra hard
  • theletup
    Options

haha got that part covered
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I had to laugh slightly to this. At lest someone had a worst day yesterday than i did! xD

However, I have to ask, did you enjoy your free day? If so cherrish it. Than get back to work on your weight lost.

I know I will get back to work after the said holidays.
  • baja572
    Options
    glad you didn't give up..just eat today as you would and work out a bit more all week don't try to workout all in one day..stay tough!!! you will be fine!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    optimism, sounds like it was a really fun day! & maybe you jump started your metabolism because it wasn't expecting all that & you'll get right back on track today! :o)
  • theletup
    Options
    Well it was ****ty day but the bar was pretty fun!

I think I was too proud of myself for sticking the plan on Christmas Eve and Christmas so I was destined to F up one day even if it wasn't on Christmas
  • mjoslin1990
    mjoslin1990 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So kinda fell off the wagon yesterday... okay so that's a bit of an understatement. Had a great breakfast, skipped my workout because I was supposed to go snowmobiling all day (the way I ride it's a HELL of a workout). One of out sleds broke 1/2 mile up the trail. Came back home. Ended up going to Pita Pit (with good intentions). Didn't realize my pita was 1000 cals. (HOLY S**T!). Still not in too bad of shape. Found some left over movie theater popcorn from my wife sitting on the counter. Ate it. Made me more hungry, at a left over turkey burger burrito in fridge, ate it. So I should have been stopping myself at this point. Nope. Went to the bar (which I usually never drink). Drank 6 or so Coor's Lights. Got the drunk hungriness. Order a flipping BACON BURGER! WTF!!!! Oh and fries. and ranch. Lets just add another 2000 cals or so to an already terrible day.

Anyway, woke up. Felt stupid. In the past I maybe would have gotten depressed and gave up. Not today! P90X Legs and Back today! So I realize that one day of being completely retarded is not going to ruin my goals but jesus no wonder I got fat. That was like a normal day in my life before. I never counted how many calories I was eating in my former way of life but I ate close to 5,000 yesterday! WOW!

So yea this confession makes me feel like we are in fat @ss's anonymous. Maybe I too should share...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

2. continue on back on plan
    3. if there's a workout, slam it extra hard

This. There's no point in trying to backtrack and 'make up for it'. What's done is done. Starving yourself will hurt your workouts and make you tired and cranky- it's best to just move on. If you're in for the long haul, one bad day ain't nothin'.
  • xcarbonix
    Options
    It's really funny that after my cheat days I always still lose weight and am instantly relieved of all the guilt I put myself through. Don't worry about it too much! Just get back on track and carry on!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    somedays I think its almost good to screw up to realize how bad we used to eat & how important it is to not do that on a regular basis anymore. that said, did it screw up your life forever? I"m thinking not.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    No, no one every "slips up".
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It's really funny that after my cheat days I always still lose weight and am instantly relieved of all the guilt I put myself through. Don't worry about it too much! Just get back on track and carry on!

Leptin boost helps.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I treat each day as individual. When I go too long without eating I feel weak and light headed, so it's important I eat at frequent intervals regardless of what yesterday was. I just get right back on the next day like it never happened.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I just own up to it and move on. Today's a new day.

I'll be joining you for P90X Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X tonight. I love the leg workout- it's my favorite. I'm usually sore for 2 days afterward!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have a heavy day and the next day I eat less because I'm really not very hungry. If I were very hungry I'd just eat according to plan. It's only one day after all not every day that you ate like that.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Man, that was how I used to eat as well… 5000 calories? Damn! No wonder I got fat too!! hehehe Yeah, I can't believe how little food is 2000 calories. When I thought I was cutting back, I was still eating to much food! Retrain the body, retrain the brain, right?
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow! That was a food orgy! heh heh Ctrl-Alt-Delete
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Even on days I go crazy I'm still aware of what I ate, so to me that is half the battle. I use to be oblivious. Also, I've learned for myself that I don't wait until tomorrow to get back on track. Each moment is it's own. If I wait until tomorrow, I can do a lot of damage in the mean time.