What's your favourite healthy meal?

Options

Replies

• rrrayondesoleil
    Options
    Steamed sweet potato, topped with equal parts natural peanut and apple butter :)
  • pilk32
    pilk32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

I LOVE this site. I have made nearly 50 - 60 items off this site, and I have not had one fail me yet!

Some of my favorites:
    Chicken Rolotini
    Corn Salsa
    Barbacoa Beef
    Shredded chicken (BBQ & Buffalo style). I make some plain too to make light chicken salad.
    Zuccini Boats
    Chicken Enchaladas
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I love a nice mixed green salad with salmon on top and pour over that some of my homemade low fat dill dressing or other light dressing. I also like to use cut up chicken breasts if I'm out of salmon. I eat this at least 3 to 4x's a week. LOVE IT!!
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    (Vegetarian/Vegan)

Breakfast: Oatmeal cooked with unsweetened almond milk, flaxseed, chia seed, apple sauce, and sliced banana. Topped with cinnamon, agave nectar, raisins, and slivered almonds.
    Lunch: Spinach, cucumber, sprouts, avocado, tomato, and roasted red pepper hummus on whole grain bread. Add feta if desired. Celery and carrots or homemade baked sweet potato chips on the side.
    Dinner: Spinach/Spring Mix, dried cranberry, toasted walnuts, celery, and sliced gala apple salad with fat-free raspberry vinaigrette. Add feta if desired. If you want to get real fancy throw in some sliced jicama.

All easy, all amazing, all healthy.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Salmonnnn :) tonight i'm making horseradish and panko crusted salmon with sauteed escarole & white beans. yummmooooo
    That sounds INCREDIBLE! Do you have a recipe for that you can share?
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Greek Chicken Burgers
    1lb lean gr chicken
    1/2 C Feta
    1/4 C Italian bread crumbs
    little season salt, pepper, powder onion and garlic to taste
    Grill up however you choose, foreman, Skillet, Grill... Makes 4
    aprox 240 cal 12 fat 9 carb

Top with tzatziki sauce

Fage - Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt, 6 oz.
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 0.5 medium
    Spices - Dill weed, fresh, 2.5 sprigs
    Realemon - Lemon Juice, 3 teaspoon
    Spices - Garlic powder, 2 tsp
    Spice Classics - Onion Salt, 1 tsp
    Daisy - Light Sour Cream, 2 Tbsp (30g)
    about 8 servings
    aprox 21 cal 0 fat and 2 carb

I dont use any bread just eat it plain with the sauce and some steamed veggies of choice!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Favorite Healthy Meals:

Breakfast
    1.) Whole wheat waffle w/half cup berries and two tsp of SF Syrup
    2.) Bagel Thin (or half of a bagel if I feel like it) light cream cheese and a slice of tomato with salt and pepper
    3.) Scrambled egg (or egg whites if I have them ready) with whatever veggies are left in the fridge (broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, etc)

Lunch
    1.) Spinach, nuts and berries with a little feta and balsamic vinagrette
    2.) Any kind of creative sandwich; Tuna and Artichoke (no mayo) little oil, little bit of herbs. Or hummus, fetta, cucumbers, roasted peppers and spinach.

Dinner
    1.) Good meat, roasted or grilled with super fresh veggies (the combos are endless) I am loving roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic right now.
    2) I love a good Mediterranean restaurant, so I usually get the fish and have a salad and maybe a little rice.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Salmonnnn :) tonight i'm making horseradish and panko crusted salmon with sauteed escarole & white beans. yummmooooo
    That sounds INCREDIBLE! Do you have a recipe for that you can share?

YES, this is goes in the "must make" list
  • dedarlin
    dedarlin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    omlettes! with all kinds of veggies, a little cheese, and some fresh homemade salsa (or pace picante)!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Chicken, spinach, tomatoe, and goat cheese salad.
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    All these look so good! I'm writing them all down for my shopping list.

Sweet potatoes... Never had them before, to be honest never fancied them but I will try those sweet potato chips for sure :)

Bagels! How in the name of all that is good did I forget about bagels!

Isn't it weird, all the food you forget about when you're in a food rut? :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    What I'm making tonight ... Tuna bake ... Tinned Tuna (in springwater) + Veggies (all sorts to taste ... Spinach, carrot, peas, etc) + Sour Cream mixed together, top with grated cheese and lob in oven until golden.

If you want to lose some calories then sub in some chopped tomatoes for some/all of the sour cream. I won't though ;)

I used to bulk it out with pasta but don't feel the need these days, I'd add some pre-microwaved sliced sweet potatoes if inclined.

Sweet potatoes good ... I used to hate the texture but have grown to like them ...

I make it in bulk and it keeps for a couple of days, it's tasty and will fill you up.
  • DynamicDu0
    Options
    I love a nice 4 oz. piece of steak with cooked spinach and veggie pasta. I try to incorporate protein in my diet, and most days I limit bread to once a day. I can't wait until I can afford the grass fed meats.

Side note: My name is Dyna, and If you would like a super positive weight loss buddy ADD ME! The more the merrier! Having weight loss buds gives each of us an extra edge.

:happy: , Dyna
  • pulelehua510
    Options
    Blackened tilapia fish tacos
    white corn tortillas- just warm up in the micro
    shred some green cabbage
    a lemon and lime or either for some flavor
    pico de gallo or salsa
    tilapia fillets blackend- season each side "fry" up in skillet with pam

As a side to this I usually steam some shrimp with old bay seasoning
    YUM! and very low cal :)
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    great ideas here...
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Ribeye steak cooked in butter.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    omg brocolli slaw with some trader joes soyaki sauce! stir fry that **** with seitan or tofu (if ur vegan like me hehe) or i guess meat! it tastes like it should be unhealthy but its not and its so good! throw in some brown rice for added consistancy :D
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Thanks, everyone :D Love these ideas!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Rice piled with stirfry veggies and a little meat.
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    I wish I could get into stir fry. I used to love it. Do you add anything, like sauce or something?

Actually, I think I tend to over-cook stir fries... Maybe that's why I went off them...