Protien Problem

Options
I am going to try and start toning my body and I know I need lots of protien. The problem is I am not a huge fan of meat because the taste gets to be redundant . Beans don't do too well in my system which makes eating them all the time impossible . Is there any other options of ways that I can pack on the protien ?

Replies

• Marieevans813
    Marieevans813 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt?
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. Greek yogurt. Nuts.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    protein powder like gold standard 100% whey
  • horses7777
    Options
    Protein bars and/or shakes.
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are your friend. I use Body Fortress (cheap from Wal-mart). Tastes good as long as you add at least a half cup of milk with it.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    eggs, protein shake mixes, protein bars, soy
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat or poultry. I try to eat a lot of protein as I strength train. Most of my protein comes from Greek yogurt, fish, egg, cheese and protein powders.
  • MzRjS
    MzRjS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt....... Dannon Lite & Fit Greek Yogurt is my favorite!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Dairy, eggs, tofu, quinoa contain all essential amino acids and aren't meat.

Legumes, nuts, and seeds are all very good for you however don't contain all nine essential amino acids.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Fish, eggs (I use egg whites)
  • dcat4563
    dcat4563 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    all those are good sources, but if you are doing protein bars be sure to check the ingredients. i have found many of them contain partially hydrogenated oils, which are trans fats.
  • Chobbes1985
    Chobbes1985 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tuna, cottage cheese, quinoa.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat or poultry. I try to eat a lot of protein as I strength train. Most of my protein comes from Greek yogurt, fish, egg, cheese and protein powders.

^^^ all of this except the cheese. I find that eating dairy makes me bloat.

I don't eat red meat or pork, and only in an emergency situation will I eat chicken (I need to hit my macros, I'm away from the house and I can't find any other option, etc.).
  • LotusVibes
    Options
    Jello. You can add Gelatin to almost anything. And egg whites are low cal high protein.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    all those are good sources, but if you are doing protein bars be sure to check the ingredients. i have found many of them contain partially hydrogenated oils, which are trans fats.

And massive amounts of sugar!! Always read labels.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    meat
    poultry
    fish
    tofu
    greek yogurt
    milk
    cottage cheese
    cheese
    eggs
    bacon
    whey powder
    quinoa
    legumes (but eat them with meat or another compete protein)
    many, many more

If it's redundant then I think you should look up more recipes. There's just so many different ways to incorporate meat, fish, and poultry, and other protein into your diet with it being a slab of meat on your plate (although I like that too), or a skinless chicken breast that has been grilled to death. Trying making some big hardy stews and such...lots of different flavors melded together. Just switch it up more so it's not so redundant.
  • union226
    Options
    check out 'michael kory fitness' on youtube or facebook. he has hundreds of great bodybuilding type recipes.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    the awesome thing about meat is you can cook it different ways where it tastes totally different.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am going to try and start toning my body and I know I need lots of protien. The problem is I am not a huge fan of meat because the taste gets to be redundant . Beans don't do too well in my system which makes eating them all the time impossible . Is there any other options of ways that I can pack on the protien ?

Eggs, cottage cheese, protein shakes, nuts, fish