Brand New - And excited! (and looking for support!)

Options
Howdy everyone! I'm brand new to this site, but not brand new to stuggling with my weight! Let's do it together!
I have about 40-50 pounds to lose. I'm not a numbers person by any means. I'll know where I want to be when I'm there. I know it's not where I am currently, though. So I'm ready for this! And I will take all the support I can get!

Replies

• Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to take advice (even though it might be scary) and you're not starving yourself, feel free to add me! I've been logging for over a year and have lost 30lbs total! :D
  • Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to take advice (even though it might be scary) and you're not starving yourself, feel free to add me! I've been logging for over a year and have lost 30lbs total! :D

ditto to Bakerchk's comment. I've lost about 20lbs and have been logging well over a year too. You will find some people on this site starve themselves and its sad!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am not one to give out advice only because I only know what works for me, but I can cheer you on and give you a nudge if you need it.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have been on here almost a month and I log on every day. Feel free to add me and I will encourage you any way I can.
  • amandasierweyant
    Options
    I'm fairly new so feel free to add me anyone!!! There's a lot of support on here....good luck!!!
  • erica1835
    erica1835 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hello everyone my name is erica im currently 185 pounds
    im getting married in march i would love to loose 30 pounds by then
    any advice
  • kwester1
    kwester1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thw most important advice is treat fitness pal like a bible if you have a smart phone download the app and llive by this app. I have lost 20 lbs since last May I weighed 167 at start I also took pics when I started and 6 months later..so do that to. LOG EVERYTHING SCAN the irems in from the app on the phone...its so easy I also exercise 4 to 5 times a week for 1 hr but I sgtarted out with 30 minutes,,,hope this helps
    Kathy
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Sending frIend request! Good luck!