NSVs...a great Christmas present

Options
I really hadn't had any NSVs up to this point until I came home from Christmas break...and then they all hit me at once!

Last weekend, I went shopping for new pants because literally all of mine are too big right now (which is an NSV in itself) and for the first time in my (adult) life, I fit into a size 6...so yes, that made me feeling effing AMAZING. My biggest pants size was a 14 but more recently I was wearing 10s or 12s. And WHILE I was out shopping for new jeans, I saw a friend from high school who I hadn't seen since the summer, and the first thing she said to me was "wow, Erica, you've lost so much weight!!" :)

Then, my family kept making comments about how thin I was and asking how it happened when they saw me at our family celebrations...

And then my parents' friends also noticed and kept asking questions...

And finally today I posted a picture that was taken of my family on Christmas Eve on fb, and one of my good friends who I haven't seen in two years messaged me saying this:

"So I was tempted to comment on the picture of you and your family, but I decided a message would be more appropriate, but your bod is lookin SO GOOD! Seriously God has blessed you with all the right curves and amazing legs!!! haha You get more beautiful over time Erica, inside and out!!!"

haha obviously she is a VERY enthusiastic person, and compliments EVERYONE so sometimes it's hard to take her seriously, but it was still nice to hear :)

And I don't have a before pic, but I'll just post the pic that my friend was referring to...cropped my family out for their privacy.

mj9yrq.jpg

Replies

• Tifla122
    Options
    great job!! Thank you for posting! Love the motivation!
  • China37
    China37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...I've been a MFP member for a while, however I've been away for months...what is NSV????
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    NSV=non-scale victory.

Great job!!
  • esco2142
    Options
    You look great!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! While it is great to see changes on the scale NSV changes are sooo much better!!!
  • China37
    China37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you Nancycaregive!!!!:smile:
  • Kendrazombie
    Kendrazombie Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Those are all fantastic NSV's! You look great. :)
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much :)
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Vivaciousfemale
    Vivaciousfemale Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Erica! I was Smiling the whole time reading your post.. I could feel your excitement. Great Job and I'm so happy for you that all those NSV's hit you at once.. Those were super amazing presents! And you look so pretty and healthy! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!