Zumba Core for Xbox 360

Options
Has anyone had any success with weight loss using the Zumba Core for Xbox 360 or really any of the Zumba games for Wii or Xbox? I just recently got a kinect and have been doing it for a couple of days and it seems to be a good workout, just curious if anyone else has had any decent results!

Replies

• derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Curious as well. I have had a Kinect and have Kinect Sport and just got Just Dance 4 and used it first time last night. It's alot of fun and has a 'sweat' option instead of just dancing
  • michellekathryn
    Options
    I just ordered Zumba Rush for Kinect. I love my zumba class but I just cannot go often enough. I really hope I enjoy this game. My first video game ever purchased for myself :)
  • itsdanixo
    itsdanixo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The xbox Kinect games have been my savior! All of them get you up and moving even when you don't realize it, especially the dancing games. For actual workouts I haven't found one better than 'The Biggest Loser' yet :)
  • CandiceCarolina
    CandiceCarolina Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with the post above in that I'm a HUGE fan of the Xbox Kinect for fitness purposes. I'm training for a 10-miler in April, but as I don't get nearly as much enjoyment from running as I do dancing, I alternate Zumba Rush and Dance Central II & III to burn about 250 - 300 calories per session. I wear a HRM and the calorie burn (on high BPM songs and routines) is pretty comparable to doing interval running.

In terms of it working, for me the adage of weight loss being 80% overall diet and 20% fitness is holding true (as I've been in maintenance mode for a while), but the Kinect games have definitely allowed me to improve my total activity level.

I hope you continue to enjoy it!
  • gpollis
    gpollis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I began taking Zumba classes 2x week and eating a healthy diet of 1800 cal and I lost 27 pounds. From 211 pounds to 165.
  • dmandrews1
    Options
    I just got Zumba Core for Wii for Christmas and I've been doing it for less than a week now and have already lost 2lbs. I love it. And I burn about 200 calories per short class (it varies depending on the intensity).
  • wheretheresawilltheresaway4
    Options
    Hi,

I've been doing Zumba core only for my execerise routing for 32 days and after about 20 days I lost 8lbs.
  • ScenicArchon
    Options
    I just brought Zumba rush and core for my Xbox kinect so hopefully there be good. I can't wait for them to get here and see if I do lose any weight.
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Core for Wii and have been doing it for about 5 weeks now, and have lost 7 lbs!! Love it! When I work out for an hour, I burn around 500 cal, 30 min is around 230 cal. It is so much fun, and along with counting calories with this site, I think its a great fun way to lose weight!
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just bought Zumba Rush for the Xbox and it came yesterday--so excited to try it!
  • CorgiLife
    CorgiLife Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG how can you go for an hour Zumaria1? I've had Zumba Rush for weeks and I'm dying at the end of a short class, which is what 15 minutes? Is it will power I lack or? I'm so impressed!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I definitely noticed a difference with using the Zumba game with Kinect. However I do the intermediate 45 minute class on it daily, there are four different routines for that class so it gives you something a little different everyday.

I would say that using it alone is not going to be enough but it does do quite a bit :)
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I got Zumba core for the wii for Christmas. I like it. I dont feel like I earn my calories, since I am still learning the moves...but that just comes with practise.
  • Mandyy1609
    Options
    I just got Zumba core about a week ago and so far i lost one pound in one week! Great exercise methods and makes you really sweat!! Double thumbs up!
  • deethedemonhunter
    deethedemonhunter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought this game a month ago because I love getting fitness in using the Kinect. It has been awesome!! It keeps you moving and you start sweating almost instantly! I use this game as my cardio workout every other day (5k training sessions on the other) and I have been averaging about 2 pounds lost every week! Definitely give it a shot!
  • ebdavey
    ebdavey Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been just using Zumba Fitness CORE and I've lost 25lbs so far (from 203) - mainly just doing the short 20ish minute routines in 4 months-ish... like others here, I'm really enjoying the dancing with the added bonus of exercise :) but also this site/app has ben a massive help in understanding where calories lurk!

43441164.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes, with both Zumba Fitness & Core (Wii). Core yas better routines & music in my opinion. I did find after 2 months, I needed moreof a cchallenge and started more intense cardio that focused more on lunges, squats & plyo. I definitely lost pounds & inches doing Zumba, especially off my waist & hips.
  • KelsM13
    KelsM13 Posts: 1
    Options
    My mother started Zumba rush on Kinect and lost 30 pounds or more in about 3-4 months. She feels so much more confident in herself. She convinced me to try it and it's amazing. I can see it working and I'm losing weight, but I do watch what I eat, so that's important, too. I'm so glad I tried it and I really feel like I'm going to have the results I've been wanting. :)