Hello..mom of 2 needing to lose weight!

Options
Hey i just joined in hopes that this website will help me in my weight loss goals that i have. I am 4.11 and 157ibs i want to get to 120 in a healthy way. I have a hard time getting everything fit in though cause i go to school and work and i have 2kids. I really need to do this for myself and my kids. Im about to be 25 and starting to look like my mom EEK! looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully losing some weight.

Replies

• myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have two kids and I need to lose weight! :) It is great that you are taking control now. It is true what they say about it being harder to take the weight off when you are older. Not impossible! Just not the same.

Welcome!!
  • ChubbyBunny212
    ChubbyBunny212 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny:
    Just to let you know, it's do-able. Been in your shoes when I was your age and know how it feels. I lost my postpartum chubbies back then but now, 40 years later I needed to lose weight again and I've lost 25 lbs over the last 4 months using this site. Remember it's not all about the QUANTITY of food you eat. It's also about the QUALITY of the food you take in. Set your daily goals and stick to them. Eat breakfast every day, eat a nutritionally balanced diet and be careful about portion control. Being a busy Mom I'm sure you get lots of exercise already. Good luck.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I"m a mom of 2, I work full time, I'm a grad student and I'm trying to be healthy. Feel free to friend me and we can encourage each other. :-) It can totally be done... and it's a good way to take care of yourself so you can take care of others. :-) And I believe the weight came off after my 2nd easier = but I'm at a different place and have different motivations (and different health issues).
  • Sportymum1
    Options
    I have 2 adorable girls, a 4yr old and a 3 month old. Looking for friends to keep each other motivated and share our results with.
  • jennywaldrop
    Options
    Hi Jenny:
    Just to let you know, it's do-able. Been in your shoes when I was your age and know how it feels. I lost my postpartum chubbies back then but now, 40 years later I needed to lose weight again and I've lost 25 lbs over the last 4 months using this site. Remember it's not all about the QUANTITY of food you eat. It's also about the QUALITY of the food you take in. Set your daily goals and stick to them. Eat breakfast every day, eat a nutritionally balanced diet and be careful about portion control. Being a busy Mom I'm sure you get lots of exercise already. Good luck.
    Thanks I agree. I cook for a family so it has to be something healthy that we all can eat but i can just portion. Cause it will be expensive to cook two seperate dinners :) Any advice on how i should start? Im new to this site so getting around it is new still too. Thanks for your reply
  • CandaceHoweth91
    Options
    Hello! I have 2 children, youngest is 4 months. I have about 77 pounds left to lose. (:
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have twins age 3 1/2 and need to lose about 92 lbs. I'm a grad student and working hard at this thing. Trying to be healthy!
  • wowooo
    wowooo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just had my first son 15 months ago. I gained forty and lost thirty the first week from breastfeeding. I still have around ten to lose of baby weight. I am 28 years old, 5'6 and weight 183. I would like to lose 40 more pounds. I am simple taking my time making life long habits and slowly the weight will come off and stay off. I did this when I was eighteen and lost thirty pounds the healthy way, but I am much older now and I would really like to get this extra weight off before I hit my thirty’s. Good luck and remember (GOOD HEALTH IS A JORNEY, NOT A DESTINATION) this always helps me through. ;)
  • loolabell15
    Options
    I recently became a new mommy. My adorable little guy will be 8 weeks tomorrow. Unfortunately, I still have 16 pounds of baby weight to go. You can do it! :)
  • ChubbyBunny212
    ChubbyBunny212 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just had my first son 15 months ago. I gained forty and lost thirty the first week from breastfeeding. I still have around ten to lose of baby weight. I am 28 years old, 5'6 and weight 183. I would like to lose 40 more pounds. I am simple taking my time making life long habits and slowly the weight will come off and stay off. I did this when I was eighteen and lost thirty pounds the healthy way, but I am much older now and I would really like to get this extra weight off before I hit my thirty’s. Good luck and remember (GOOD HEALTH IS A JORNEY, NOT A DESTINATION) this always helps me through. ;)
    [/quote
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome to MFP! I'm a busy working mom of 2 kids as well. Always looking for new friends for support ! Feel free to add me.
  • AndreaChronicles
    AndreaChronicles Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am also a mom of 2 =] I'll add you and anyone else please feel free to add me too!
  • Black_Widow1976
    Black_Widow1976 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i would go with Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred..its 27 min but that includes the warm up and cool down.
  • jaimelynn01
    Options
    i have 2 kids as well and i work full time. its a crazy life and i definetely notice the difference between working out and dieting now vs when i did it before kids. i have pooches and places that jiggle that i just dont want to!
    sounds like, with the amount of responses youve gotten that we should start a mommy forum! :)

please friend me as well. all the support here is great and helpful! we can do it together!

Jaime
  • wowooo
    wowooo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did they exact samething. Gained fourty lost 30 the first week from breast feeding. My son is also 15 months now. Weird. lol I av
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

I'm a mom of 2 with a 2 year old and a 4 month old. I agree with trying the 30 day shred - you can find it on YouTube I believe. I work long hours and still need to make time for lovely household work and bonding time with kids. 30DS is 27 minutes that you can do at home and will give you a great workout.

Feel free to add me if you need support, or anyone else for that matter.