Opinions needed on Anytime Fitness

Options
I have been given a one month pass to Anythime Fitness.

I already have free access to a nice gym with treadmills, elliptical, machine weights and free weights. My husbands work provides this as a free option for the employees families. I have always liked using this place because I can go, be by myself and crank the heat or air and music however I like.
I only have to drive 7 miles in 0 traffic to get to the work one.
Anytime Fitness is 20 miles away, and there will be lots of people. They do offer some classes, just not sure what they are.

Should I just suck it up and try something new?

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I have had free passes for Anytime fitness too and just passed it up. If you are happy why would you change things up? You said your getting your membership free so seems silly to go for a free month unless the other gym really offers something you really feel is worth to pay once your free trial is up.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Free gym sounds like a better option
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Unless you really want the classes just stick with the free gym and use the $$$ for workout gear...
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    If the 20 miles is not much farther than what you already drive, then I would consider it.
    or you could do a combo of your usual gym and the new place.
    maybe try a class there if it's free or not too expensive for you.

whatever you decide, it needs to be easy.
    if it's too much hassle , you'll make excuses and it just won't happen, at least I would.
    I wouldn't just change gyms bc it's it's free.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options

I already have free access to a nice gym with treadmills, elliptical, machine weights and free weights. My husbands work provides this as a free option for the employees families. I have always liked using this place because I can go, be by myself and crank the heat or air and music however I like.
    Anytime Fitness is 20 miles away, and there will be lots of people. They do offer some classes, just not sure what they are.

Don't spend money for something you already have access too. Just change the way you workout, not the place you workout at.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Unless you really want the classes just stick with the free gym and use the $$$ for workout gear...
    Yeah! Part of my monthly budget is workout gear! I love Play-It-Again Sports!!! I may get a gym membership again in the future, if my budget allows, but that will be more for the social aspect.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I would stick with what has worked and is still working...anytime is a rip off as far as I am concerned...free is good!
  • mariaghalichi
    Options

Even for the most dedicated gym goer, going religiously 20 miles away to work out is nearly impossible. You seem to really like your setup, so I wouldn't change. It seems your gym time is your alone time. Everyone needs that.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    It couldn't hurt to try something new, especially if it's free, but it does sound like you have a pretty good gym already.

I've been to two Anytime Fitness locations myself - one was small, had a decent setup but not a whole lot of equipment, and for being Thanksgiving morning, was quite crowded. The other one was much larger, again a pretty good setup, more equipment than the other one, and was basically vacant.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A free gym that's closer with 0 traffic sounds like a much better option to me.

God bless,
    Karen
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    If what you are doing is working, don't switch it up; hey if you have a free pass, go and try it... If you like it think about it; if not, (and it sounds like you already know the answer to this), let it go....
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have a membership at Anytime. I rarely go because I have social anxiety, but that's a topic for another thread.

The classes cost extra unless the class is just you and whoever you could get to go to the gym with you using a workout DVD together.

I would stick with whatever you already have unless your gym isn't 24/7 and you think that would help you.