Find meals near you on a map within a nutrition range

Options
I thought myfitnesspal would be a great community to get feedback on my website I'm working on:

http://www.rippedrestaurants.com/locator/locator.php

Any thoughts or suggestions for improvement? It's only been since the weekend that I've been working on it, still lots to go :)

Replies

• Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    It is good if you are looking for fast food… will you try to get local restaurants on it as well?
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Bichen idea, I am sure you can succeed with it!
  • gpollis
    gpollis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    good idea can't wait to visit ur web,if is about healthy food!
  • beacher1
    beacher1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It is good if you are looking for fast food… will you try to get local restaurants on it as well?

Most definitely, I'm starting out with all the larger chains since they publish their information, then I'll be working my way down to smaller and smaller establishments :)
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Cool. A lot of restaurants are putting their nutritional info online. They are required by law to have it at the restaurant already. It makes sense for them to publish it, especially with the growing interest in healthy food, and more people paying attention to it!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Bookmarked to check back as you get more places in (although I do fast food as a bazillion are right by my house.
  • beacher1
    Options
    Cool. A lot of restaurants are putting their nutritional info online. They are required by law to have it at the restaurant already. It makes sense for them to publish it, especially with the growing interest in healthy food, and more people paying attention to it!

I couldn't agree more!
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wonderful idea! I was just wishing for something like this at lunchtime today before I saw a Buffalo Wild Wings. :(
  • beacher1
    Options
    Wonderful idea! I was just wishing for something like this at lunchtime today before I saw a Buffalo Wild Wings. :(

Thanks! I'm working on adding more restaurants to it today as well :)
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Cool idea.

It's not accurate yet, but when it's more developed, let us know.

The problem you will have is in my area most of the restaurants are not chains, they are mom and pops. So, you're leaving a lot out. And, that sucks.

My suggestion is to utilize Yelp or something for restaurants locations, and then, highlight those that provide calorie info. Those that don't, you can offer it to them to be highlighted.
  • beacher1
    Options
    Cool idea.

It's not accurate yet, but when it's more developed, let us know.

The problem you will have is in my area most of the restaurants are not chains, they are mom and pops. So, you're leaving a lot out. And, that sucks.

My suggestion is to utilize Yelp or something for restaurants locations, and then, highlight those that provide calorie info. Those that don't, you can offer it to them to be highlighted.

Yeah, it's only a week old so I'm trying to get all the big chains in first, then I'll move down the line smaller and smaller, it'll get there :)
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Get some of these restaurants to sponsor you, you will be an advertisement for them! Get ahold of Whole Foods, as they have a bunch of food like restaurants, see if they will back you, and get some more stuff like Jamba Juice… present yourself to them like you have here. Of course, create a game plan… but that will make it easier for you to go forward as you wish.
  • beacher1
    Options
    More restaurants added and new location:

http://www.rippedrestaurants.com/map/

Working on getting some more larger chains added, then focusing on smaller restaurants