TurboFire while still overweight?

Options
I'm thinking of getting the TurboFire DVD set, but I am still overweight. I'm worried I won't be able to do it. Anyone out there started it while overweight (20 or more pounds to lose still) or out of shape? We're you able to do it??
Thanks!

Replies

• sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You will burn calories regardless. Go for it.
  • kimmysueneal
    kimmysueneal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Definitely go for it! It's very intense. Your heart rate will be through the roof!!!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Go for it. You might not be able to do it all but on exercises that you can not do right now, try modifying them OR just keep moving.
    Use this as part of your NSV process for the next time you do TurboFire.
  • Yogislim
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you do it perfectly. It's just trying. But, be careful of stuff like torquing knees etc.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Have any of you done the program?
  • fitnesshereicome28
    Options
    Yeah don't hesitate do it!! I bet you'll have a lot of fun, I am starting the full schedule but have been doing the TF vids at random. I do Turbo Kick at the gym and I can say its pure fun that is if you like it.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options

fitnesshereic,

I have a lot of weight to lose still. I am currently on week 7 of turbofire. I started exercising around September but I began by walking and then I added Slim in 6. I was NOT in the best shape of my life when I started. I had my baby in January and have been pretty much leading a sedentary life for over a year. My fitness level was null in my opinion. Climbing just a few steps was a huff and puff ordeal. Too young to be that out of shape.

You ask if you should get turbofire. I will tell you from experience it depends on how you want to do this. I have a friend that started Turbofire cold turkey with no other workout experience. She always says, heat pads, tylenol and a patch to deal with the workout pain. My experience was different than her though. When I started turbofire I did not experience so much pain that I had to take tylenol or massage my muscles or anything. Yes my body was being challenged and my heart rate monitor showed that I was putting my heart rate high up there but I was not in pain like my friend had been. I attribute this to Slim in 6 and to walking before i started Turbo. So basically if you want to ease into it so it's not as painful I would start with Slim in 6 for a few weeks enough to get your muscles strong for the high intensity of turbo. Slim in 6 is great for beginners. Or you can just jump right in to Turbo. You know what to do if your soreness feels unbearable. Whatever you decide though just don't give up and keep at it because it only gets easier. I'm to the point now that walking is no longer a workout for me. When I walk for exercise I feel the need to jog because walking feels too easy and light.

You'll love turbofire though. It's really a lot of fun and chalene is a great motivator. I love her cues on the DVDs.
  • Juliane_
    Options
    BTW, I'm curious do any of you do challenge groups?

I like challenge groups. I love beachbody workouts but I very much dislike the push on drinking shakeology in order to be in of the challenge groups. I was wondering if there is ever a challenge group for people NOT drinking shakeology out there. Just to support each other in a private group setting.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising for almost a year, but not at the TurboFire level.
    Thanks for all the input everyone!!!
  • fitnesshereicome28
    Options

fitnesshereic,

I have a lot of weight to lose still. I am currently on week 7 of turbofire. I started exercising around September but I began by walking and then I added Slim in 6. I was NOT in the best shape of my life when I started. I had my baby in January and have been pretty much leading a sedentary life for over a year. My fitness level was null in my opinion. Climbing just a few steps was a huff and puff ordeal. Too young to be that out of shape.

You ask if you should get turbofire. I will tell you from experience it depends on how you want to do this. I have a friend that started Turbofire cold turkey with no other workout experience. She always says, heat pads, tylenol and a patch to deal with the workout pain. My experience was different than her though. When I started turbofire I did not experience so much pain that I had to take tylenol or massage my muscles or anything. Yes my body was being challenged and my heart rate monitor showed that I was putting my heart rate high up there but I was not in pain like my friend had been. I attribute this to Slim in 6 and to walking before i started Turbo. So basically if you want to ease into it so it's not as painful I would start with Slim in 6 for a few weeks enough to get your muscles strong for the high intensity of turbo. Slim in 6 is great for beginners. Or you can just jump right in to Turbo. You know what to do if your soreness feels unbearable. Whatever you decide though just don't give up and keep at it because it only gets easier. I'm to the point now that walking is no longer a workout for me. When I walk for exercise I feel the need to jog because walking feels too easy and light.

You'll love turbofire though. It's really a lot of fun and chalene is a great motivator. I love her cues on the DVDs.

I saw my nick on top but I think this was meant for pspetralia
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 190 pounds and have been doing it!! I am in the 4 week of the program!!
  • Juliane_
    Options
    Yup I got confused...your icons are the same dark color ...what can I say...I'm visual...so I thought I was addressing the right person
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who basically just jumped into TurboFire (she also has done Shakeology), she was pretty out of shape and probably about 60-70lbs overweight, but she has stuck to it and lost 23lbs in her first month, and is past 30lbs lost now.

Definitely not out of the question!
  • Juliane_
    Options
    I have been exercising for almost a year, but not at the TurboFire level.
    Thanks for all the input everyone!!!

Then you might do just fine going directly to Turbo. :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Stick with the low impact modifier. Don't do anything that requires jumping or any high impact work. Honestly you'd be better off with weight training but if you're dead set on this just remember to follow exclusively the low impact modifier.
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Turbo Fire for quite some time and I'm still 50 pounds away from my goal weight. Its tough but totally worth it. They have one of the instructors on the DVD that does low impact so if you can't quite go full force right away, its no big deal. I've always been pretty athletic, even though I'm overweight, but again I love it. Makes you pretty damn sore the first few days but it goes away after the first week. I say go for it and buy it! Good luck!
  • fitnesshereicome28
    Options

I like challenge groups. I love beachbody workouts but I very much dislike the push on drinking shakeology in order to be in of the challenge groups. I was wondering if there is ever a challenge group for people NOT drinking shakeology out there. Just to support each other in a private group setting.

I think doing a challenge group can be fun but asking ppl to drink shakeology to be part of the group sounds crazy.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

I think doing a challenge group can be fun but asking ppl to drink shakeology to be part of the group sounds crazy.

The challenge groups, in case you didn't notice, are all started by BB coaches who use them as a sales gimmick. That's all they are. Like the equivalent of a tupperware party.
  • Juliane_
    Options
    It's a shame because the support of the challenge groups is really good but I feel like the odd ball of the pack because I don't buy the shakeology everyone is drinking. I think it's overpriced. I would just really like to be part of a group but with no pressure about the drink. It's great to have that guidance of people doing the stuff as you.
  • jsb76
    jsb76 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi- I just bought Turbofire on Friday- it's coming next Thursday and I can't wait. I'm 50lbs overweight but I'm going to give it a good shot. I used to do Taebo and really liked it- I'm hoping Turbofire is similar to Taebo but with better music :laugh:
    I'm sure you can do it! Just listen to your body and don't push it too hard in the beginning so you don't get injured. We should start our own group- I'd love to have some company to help keep me motivated with a new exercise program- without the sales gimmicks...