Pep-Talking Myself!!

Options
I have spent the last several months saying "Oh I need to get back on track soon", but not doing it...or doing it for a day, maybe 2, then copping out with some lame excuse and falling back into my 'last supper' mentality! NO MORE!!

I DO need to get back on track. I am doing it tomorrow. It will be hard for the first week or so....and it never fails, as soon as I go back on plan it's donut day at work, or some other stupid thing, but that WILL NOT sway me!

I can not complain about my body shape if I am doing nothing to change it!!

Exercise (aside from walking, which I average about 4.5-5 miles of at work) will be a bit challenging to figure out until I can get a membership at a 24hour gym, but I am committed to doing something, anything!

This is not a New Year's resolution, this is a New Life Resolution! NO ONE can change me, except me!

Replies

• MooMyuu
    MooMyuu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lovely last line. I love that.
    New life resolution :3

Good luck. Remember, this month's diet is next month's body.

its okay to splurge every once in a while. ^_^
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I love it! Good luck in all your endeavors!
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I am dying to start lifting, but am waiting until I can afford to go to the gym I really want, rather than committing myself to 2 years at a mediocre gym (we have one that's for serious lifters, but it's prepay in 4 month blocks, so saving up).

I will measure myself so I can see the changes in numbers when the scale stops moving!
  • StormyGal8
    Options
    WOOOT!! Made it through day one without a hitch....yes I had some "bad" food, but I stayed under calories, which is what I am aiming for right now!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I've been in the same boat for the last two weeks and tomorrow is my day! Starting the day off with a run with my running group! Here's to a great end to 2012 and an even better 2013 :)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Great job and great attitude! You are going to make it!!
  • StormyGal8
    Options
    today went well also, no major temptations. I know if I can get a few days in without a "who cares" day, i will have it made. It's the first few days that are the toughest. I just cooked up my lunch for tomorrow...
    Stuffed chicken breast with portabella mushrooms, red peppers and swiss cheese, some rice and a salad...I can't wait :D

Just because there is a McDonald's at work doesn't mean I have to go ;)
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Our horses will thank us! I am a horse granny here. I can't wait til better weather so I can start riding. And getting my foot up to the stirrup becomes an easier task!

Keep positive thoughts! Bless you and Happy New Year!
  • StormyGal8
    Options
    I am fortunate enough to have access to an indoor arena to ride in, so I have been riding through the winter cold. Also my guy was about 300lbs overweight when I bought him in May, so while I got the extra weight off him (with some help, I am a horse newbie), it's not too much for him to carry me around for a bit. That being said, I would like for him to not look so small under me (he's 15HH, but looks pony sized lol).
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You know--I play those mind games too--and it's such a tough place to be in! I was so far from perfect, but i wrote it down, and I'm going to write it down tomorrow. One of these days, I will actually be within my calorie range. I'm just keeping on--doing the work and doing the work! Pep talks are definitely a good thing! Much better than living in the alternative.