Low calorie drinks ideas

Options
honkytonks85
honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
Hi all,

I love to drink things (I drink tons of water but also coffee, smoothie, juices) but most drinks come with too many empty calories. I would love to hear ideas for low calorie/healthy drinks that I can sip on throughout the day.

My usual go-to is soda water with ice and freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice.

What about you?

Replies

• miasapearl
    miasapearl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea.
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Walmart has these wonderful water drinks that are fizzy and delicious. Pina Colada and Golden Peach are my two favorite and they're 0 calories! Yum!!
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    i heard beer has low calories... :drinker:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I take a bottle of water and put in tea bags that are flavored; you can put 2 or 3 that are different and that's fun. You can do one green tea and one flavored, too.
  • honkytonks85
    Options

Ahhhh, if only
  • char316
    char316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea is my favorite. There are now all kinds of options
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I take a bottle of water and put in tea bags that are flavored; you can put 2 or 3 that are different and that's fun. You can do one green tea and one flavored, too.

Are you talking about cold brew teas?
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    yes... green tea... peppermint is my favourite. helps me relax at night as well

and.. is it good for your digestion? im not quite sure, but a doc type person recommended it to me as a weightloss tool
  • Taem2
    Taem2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There is a ricemilk, a nondairy milk and as long as you watch your sugar and sodium, you'll have a nice drink that is low calorie and actually mixes well with cereals.
  • xSveltex
    xSveltex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Have you tried fruit infused water?
    You get a lot of flavor of the fruit without actually needing to eat anything.
    I've tried individual and mixed versions of the following:

Strawberry (probably the "sweetest")
    Apple
    Blackberry
    Blueberry
    Cucumber (subtle but amazingly refreshing)
    Raspberry
    Oranges (second sweetest)
    Lemon (detoxes)
    Lime

Usually I try to drink about a gallon of water a day, so when I full my gallon up the night before I cut up some fruit on hand and toss it in. By the morning the water is ready to go. The flavor gets a little stronger throughout the day, which is good because I tend to want more flavor later in the day anyway.
  • honkytonks85
    Options
    yes... green tea... peppermint is my favourite. helps me relax at night as well

and.. is it good for your digestion? im not quite sure, but a doc type person recommended it to me as a weightloss tool

I was told green tea has a lot of caffeine which I'm not meant to have much. I didn't realise this but one night I had several pots of green tea and couldn't sleep.

I like non caffeinated herbal teas such as peppermint. There are other flavours like lemon and ginger that are good too.
  • Brovy
    Brovy Posts: 11
    Options
    I like this thread because it is very interesting. I would like to thank you all for sharing your some different recipes. I love green tea so i put some tea bags in my pocket and drink tea whenever i want to drink.
  • alaskanaomi
    Options
    Tequila, club soda, and a splash of cranberry juice with a lime wedge. ;)

I drink a lot of tea, my favorites are lemon ginger (good for digestion) and peppermint (also good for digestion).

Put a lemon wedge in whatever you drink, it's really good for you.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Pour hot water over a chunk of ginger and add a little honey to sweeten it.
  • Brovy
    Brovy Posts: 11
    Options
    I like this thread because it is very interesting. I would like to thank you all for sharing your some different recipes. I love green tea so i put some tea bags in my pocket and drink tea whenever i want to drink.
    personal trainer Camden
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options

beer yummm lol