is workingout before breakfast advisable??:smile:

Replies

• desperategal
    Options
    is workingout before breakfast advisable??:smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    There is no way I can workout on a full stomach.
    I'd get sick.
    Maybe have a bar of some sort but not a complete breakfast.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    I'd get sick.

Wow. A Sexier_you.

Cute pic, miss thing :wink:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Working out before breakfast has been said to burn a higher percentage of fat as opposed to sugar(glucose stores) which is good, we want to burn more fat not sugar energy. Have a glass of juice and in 20-30min. get movin'. Also it pumps up your metabolism for the rest of the morning.
  • sundaygirl85
    Options
    I read in a fitness magazine (Zest in the UK) that whilst it is true that you burn a higher fat percentage working out on an empty stomach, it's best to try to eat something, even if it's just a banana or something, before exercising because this gives you the energy to work out longer and so burn more calories overall. Hope this helps! :smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'd get sick.

Wow. A Sexier_you.

Cute pic, miss thing :wink:

Thanks Cheryl:blushing:
    That was in the summer on a picnic:smile:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I do cardio early in the morning before work, and my trainer told me to be sure to eat at least a little something before working out so you have the energy to make it through. I usually just have a breakfast bar or protien bar before I do my cardio in the am, and it does help to keep me going.

SG :glasses:
  • nhlawguy
    Options
    I would recommend eating something before a workout to provide your body with some type of energy. You don't have to eat a full breakfast, however eating a serving of plain yogurt, a slice of good quality toast with some teddie's peanut butter, and maybe a bananna will give you a good mix of protein and carbs to start your day. In the short term it may benefit you by sapping your stored fats and sugars, but in the long run fueling the fire that is your metabolism (eating when you wake and before a workout) will provide you with the energy you need to get in a good workout, and will aid in boosting your metabolism in the long run.

Although there are varying opinions on this, popular opinion seems to be to stay away from high sugar, high calorie foods, and get some good quality carbs, fats, and proteins to fuel your workout and start your day. You can google around for different ideas.

Hope this helps.
  • desperategal
    Options
    thanks alot :bigsmile: