Wow no wonder...

Options
2»

Replies

• FitbitRed
    Options
    sweated my *kitten* off in my workout today ha ha.. Probably mostly beer and bacon grease.

Hitting my RESET button in 3..2..1 ahh better

I read that a 150 lb runner who completes a marathon distance ( 42.195 km) only burns 2,600 calories?
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    First, I beat myself up for having slipped so bad.
    Then I stop and remind myself that I'm human. I'm not going to avoid certain foods for the rest of my life (although there are some that I will), so having them once in a while isn't going to derail all of the hard work I've put in.

Be patient with yourself. :)
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    if i eat horrible i try to do some extra work but generally then just forget about it. Tomorrow is a new day!!!!!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I hope you don`t mind but I checked back on your diary and you have logged for 5 days and in those 5 days you have been over by around 3500 cals.

I am not the food/calorie police but keep on keeping on and you won`t be where you want to be...

But great job in logging your food...keep at it and you will get to where you want to be.

I really hope you don`t take my reply as trying to offend you....I really want you to succeed in your goals :smile:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    So one question I do have. Have you guys slipped up like this and what did you do the next day? Just continue on like it never happened? Eat super light the next day? Just curious.

1. brag on MFP about all the food i ate
    2. continue on back on plan
    3. if there's a workout, slam it extra hard

This. There's no point in trying to backtrack and 'make up for it'. What's done is done. Starving yourself will hurt your workouts and make you tired and cranky- it's best to just move on. If you're in for the long haul, one bad day ain't nothin'.

Yep. And when I let myself go, I try to do it with good food. Not Coors Light. Mancard revoked!
  • theletup
    Options
    I hope you don`t mind but I checked back on your diary and you have logged for 5 days and in those 5 days you have been over by around 3500 cals.

I am not the food/calorie police but keep on keeping on and you won`t be where you want to be...

But great job in logging your food...keep at it and you will get to where you want to be.

I really hope you don`t take my reply as trying to offend you....I really want you to succeed in your goals :smile:

Not offended at all. Actually still figuring out my exact goal so the 1900 was just a number I plugged in just to have something there. And actually I think the 1900 is a bit low for someone weighing 220 and doing P90X. I very much appreciate your advise though.

Also about 3000 of that 3500 was from yesterday.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options

Not offended at all. Actually still figuring out my exact goal so the 1900 was just a number I plugged in just to have something there. And actually I think the 1900 is a bit low for someone weighing 220 and doing P90X. I very much appreciate your advise though.

You can back-log your calories…
  • FitbitRed
    Options

220 lbs is about 100 kg converted (I need to do this each time)

Have you worked out your maintenance calories yet?
    The Harris-Benedict formula (BMR based on total body weight)
    Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

Then multiply the BMR with ur activity level

Activity factor

Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)

Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)

Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)

Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)

Extr. Active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2 X day training, marathon, football camp, contest, etc.)

As i'm sill learning, I've been playing around with this myself via various online calculators and using the Fitbit paired to My Fitness Plan
  • theletup
    Options
    I have. My goal weight bmr excluding all exercise is 2100 cals or so. My current weight bmr is 3000 with my workouts. Still experimenting on how much of a deficit I need for safe level of weight loss. So far about 2000 per day I've been losing about 6 pounds per week. I think a lot of that initial weight was water weight though and things will start to become regular so I can adjust accordingly. Suppose I need to stay consistent to figure that out though huh;)
  • FitbitRed
    Options
    Great work with the losses so far, P90X is fun...even the yoga had me sweating profusely :o)