Hi all from the UK

Hi all

Thought I'd say hello after joining up and having a look round. I found the site after someone on YouTube mentioned about calorie counting on here. My goal isn't to loose any weight really but to loose body fat and build up some muscle, along with improving my general health as I seem to get every cold and bug going at the moment! First thing to sort is my diet as at the moment it's just junk! I'm going to use supplements to kick start things and to help cut out the rubbish while I learn what what healthy foods I like, the food database on here will help a lot with that. I know they are frowned on but it's better than what I'm eating now! I'm getting some weights together and a squat rack and starting to do the Stronglifts 5x5 program along with a little walking for cardio. I like the 5x5 program as it's simple and feel it'll keep me motivated with the gradual increase in weight.

It seems very friendly on here and hope to find some answers to the many questions I have!

Cheers

Replies

• Bump
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Sounds like you're making great changes for your health, so that's very cool. If you don't get many replies in this forum make sure you check out the UK groups - there are loads of people trying to make similar changes that you are. I', sure you'd find them supportive and help to make you feel more welcome around here. Good luck with your fitness journey!