Anybody see Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead??

Options
I enjoyed the documentary and even went out and bought a juicer. Anybody else juice? I don't think I could do a juice fast but I have been juicing in between meals. The hardest part for me is cleaning the dang thing up after use!

Seems like a good idea though ...

Can get expensive though I made a glass of juice the other day and I added up the cost of all the veggies and fruit I used to make a big 20oz glass of green juice and I had a $9.00 drink in front of me! LOL!

Replies

• PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Nope

Going to check it out though...

Is it about juicing?
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have that movie on my Netflix.

My trainer wants me to start juicing in the New Year. She wants me to do a 3 day juice fast, but I can eat some fruit so I have something solid in my stomach when I take my meds. She does one every 4 months and swears by it. I, too, am a bit afraid of the cost of juicing. I love fruits and vegetables, but buying them fresh for juicing seems like it might break the bank. I did hear a good tip. Check out the reduced shelves at the market or farmer's market. These are produce products that are a little over-ripe, but perfect for juicing.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Don't drink so much juice at once. Keep it down to 8 oz per drink. If you make that much, turn it into three drinks throughout the day, or jar it and drink it over the next two following days as a part of your regular diet. You will not be able to incorporate all of those nutrients in such a quantity. Just like a one a day multi vitamin, your body cannot utilize the whole thing at once. That is why the quality products are to be taken 2 or 3 times a day.
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've seen the documentary, it's great and everyone should watch it! It's on Netflix!

I have no real input on juicing other than I don't think I could do it, but yay and good luck to anyone who decides to embark on that journey!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the documentary and even went out and bought a juicer. Anybody else juice? I don't think I could do a juice fast but I have been juicing in between meals. The hardest part for me is cleaning the dang thing up after use!

Seems like a good idea though ...

Can get expensive though I made a glass of juice the other day and I added up the cost of all the veggies and fruit I used to make a big 20oz glass of green juice and I had a $9.00 drink in front of me! LOL!
    Cleaning is a pain...and yes, the cost can get up there.
    My first month I was drinking 5 glasses daily as my fat body was starved for real nutrition.
    Now, I have one nice tall glass of thick, greeny juice daily and log it in as "Naked Juice"...I have no clue what the nutritional value is truly. I must be close. I get purple cabbage, kale, apples, spinach and tomatoes and roll with it.
    Worth every penny...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I've not seen the documentary, so it's not worked it's magic on me yet, and so it seems like a really dumb idea.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've seen it and would like to try it, my budget doesn't stretch far enough to buy a juicer at the moment though so will just have to stick to healthy eating at the moment.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Don't drink so much juice at once. Keep it down to 8 oz per drink. If you make that much, turn it into three drinks throughout the day, or jar it and drink it over the next two following days as a part of your regular diet. You will not be able to incorporate all of those nutrients in such a quantity. Just like a one a day multi vitamin, your body cannot utilize the whole thing at once. That is why the quality products are to be taken 2 or 3 times a day.
    Ah, this is good!
    I may need to reduce my servings....worth looking into.
    No need to invest in fresh health just to pee it all away.
  • Topher1978
    Options
    I was having insomnia, so I decided to google this show. I watched it, here is a link:

It is totally worth watching, in my opinion. I have known people who fought cancer with juice and won, and I have known people who fought cancer with juice, and lost. The juicer I have was left to me in a will from one that lost. But, I know that it can definitely help!!
  • Topher1978
    Options
    I've seen it and would like to try it, my budget doesn't stretch far enough to buy a juicer at the moment though so will just have to stick to healthy eating at the moment.
    Set $10 aside each payday, and then get one that way. For leafy greens you should get a gear juicer rather than a centrifugal juicer. I have the Green Star, which is great, and many people swear by the Champion and I have known a few that love it. But get one, you will not be disappointed.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I was having insomnia, so I decided to google this show. I watched it, here is a link:

It is totally worth watching, in my opinion. I have known people who fought cancer with juice and won, and I have known people who fought cancer with juice, and lost. The juicer I have was left to me in a will from one that lost. But, I know that it can definitely help!!

So no surgery or chemotherapy required? Just juice?

It's amazing the millions that are being wasted on cancer research and therapy, even lives lost, when you had the answer all along.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I found it very inspiring. Fruit juices have too many sugars for me though. Beetroot and green apple I enjoyed.
    I used top make food from the pulp as I hated to waste it!
  • Topher1978
    Options

So no surgery or chemotherapy required? Just juice?

It's amazing the millions that are being wasted on cancer research and therapy, even lives lost, when you had the answer all along.
    2 people I know, one had melanoma and another cancer, they both went without any medication, chemo or radiation. 2 people I know, tried the juice, and it did nothing to stop the cancer. There is no such thing as a silver bullet.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Strong medical evidence, there.

I eat lots of veg. I like it whole, and crunchy. I've never had to worry about five a days as I far exceed that on a daily bsis. I've never understood the point of turning lovely, tasty veg into sludge.

But hey, each to their own.
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Strong medical evidence, there.

I eat lots of veg. I like it whole, and crunchy. I've never had to worry about five a days as I far exceed that on a daily bsis. I've never understood the point of turning lovely, tasty veg into sludge.

But hey, each to their own.
    I love fruit, but like eating my veggies cooked in food. In other words, I do not care for raw veggies… now veggie juice? Delish! And, it gives me such a boost! I have not been juicing regular in a few years, and only make juice here and there, but am really leaning toward going back at it… at least a cup a day, and hopefully get to a pint-and-a-half a day!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I am on day 20 now of my juice fast. Nails are sooo strong, hair is no longer falling out, skin is perfect. It is not as torturous as it sounds and your body absorbs all the nutrients a lot easier in liquid form. I am not at all starving either. My weight has been stagnant months and months till now :) and I feel amazing. It may not be for everyone, but it is definitely for me. I plan on incorporating it into my every day life even when I am not fasting and have been giving juice to my kids too. Processed juices process the nutrients out of them. I really look forward to my juice every day!!!