Anyone have any great vegetarian recipes?

Options
JessFryNJ
JessFryNJ Posts: 23 Member
I'll share some of mine later if anyone is interested :)

Replies

• MrsMordante
    Options
    I love a simple salad of grated raw beets, carrot, and jicama with a sprinkle of regular rice vinegar and just a few raisins.

We're currently enjoying a wild rice dish that can be served hot or cold: wild rice, slivered sun-dried tomatoes (or fresh), sliced scallions, braised mushrooms, spinach (the more, the better, especially if you're heating it), and pepitas tossed with fresh lemon/garlic vinaigrette. Could also add lentils to increase the protein.

Another great site online is the Healthy, Happy, Life blog (http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/)--the photos are gorgeous; I just wish she included calorie counts.

And, omigosh, I can't wait to try that polenta and lemony asparagus and chickpeas recipe from fatfreevegan....
  • ccbarbeau
    ccbarbeau Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I really like anything from the veganomincom cookbook and/or post punk kitchen blog. I'm mostly vegan these days.

Tonight I'm having some salad with smoked+ grilled tofu (I have a stovetop smoker, then marinade, then transfer to grill pan to sear), pomegranates, tomatoes and sprouts (I grew). Possibly a side of some sprouted quinoa flatbread (homemade) with some vegan smoked provolone (also homemade from the vegan artisan cheese cookbook). And likely some lovely cline vineyard wine too :)
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wish I did...you would think I'd have one or two after beg vegetarian for almot 10 years.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I made a really good lentil quinoa soup so good with whole wheat roti.

1 fry carrots garlic celery 1 teaspoon cumin seeds ( or 1/2 tsp cumin powder) and onion in a bit of olive oil and veg broth
    2 add 1/2 cup green lentils and about 2 cups water or broth
    3 simmer for 1 hour
    4 add 1 can chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp curry powder and 1/2 cup quinoa. Simmer until quinoa is cooked.

5 that's it! But you could also add some tahini or almond butter to the soup to make it even more filling, chopped cilantro on top, I would like to try chopped fried tofu with it one day too. Today we ate it with roti.
  • mmddwechanged
    Options
    Natchos with chopped seitan (mixed and cooked with BBQ sauce) , jalepinos, green onions, black beans, diced tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, chilli powder, vegan cheese or cheddar cheese melted on top. Serve with Greek yogurt, salsa, advocado and refrained beans
  • mmddwechanged
    Options
    Right now my daughter is making me a monte cristo sandwich with tofurkey deli slices and cheese.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Alton brown's split pea veggie burgers recipe
    used that as a base, but added my own
    seasonings. I like curry, cumin,
    and everything but the kitchen sink.

easiest veggie burger I've found , super cheap,
    filling and tasty :D

Loading up the freezer right now.
  • Rrrroxy777
    Options
    B U M P :)
  • denisemroth
    denisemroth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've got some good ones. What are you looking for? Anything specific?