Quit smoking, gained weight

Options
so here is my problem! I quit smoking about 5 months ago and since then i have gained about 15lb. Im so happy for forcing myself to kick the bad habit but now im depressed over the weight gain and don’t really know where to begin. I go to the gym about 2-3 times a week whenever i can with work, school and volunteer work and life in general. I have tried my best to watch what i eat and it is my own fault for not being stricter or holding my self fully accountable. i look in the mirror and am completely disgusted :( i need any and all suggestion because i wanted to lose 40lb prior to quitting smoking an now im up to 60lb i need to lose. Any/all suggestions welcome!!!

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    congratulations on kicking the habit! unfortunately nicotine is an appetite suppressant so it doesn't shock me you put on a few. see if you can replace your smoking habit with something else that will distract you from over eating or eating out of boredom. knitting, painting your nails, scrapbooking, or yoga are all good things that could turn your attention off of the food you want to eat.
  • Lotus1026
    Options
    Thank you! i have been trying to keep myself busy an have been getting into the habit of hitting the gym. i think im over the tempation on smoking an replacing food or other things with it my biggest problem is now trying to lose my initial goal plus the 15 from smoking. it has been a uphill battle because i get so frustrated when i hit the gym hard watch what i eat and still lose nothing :( i think i will be more consistant in taking cycle classes over the winter but that you for your advice!! and congrates on your weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!