Fiber

Options
kellykat
kellykat Posts: 180 Member
I've been focusing on keeping my sodium, calories, fat & carbs within goal, but I keep going over on fiber. Is that bad?

Replies

• futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    I have always heard fiber is good. The only thing is it makes ya have to go don't take offense but #2 alot. That is the whole thing about weight watchers because it helps clean ya out.
  • cruisegirl
    cruisegirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think going over your fiber intake is a bad thing. Fiber is good. Now if it was sugar or sodium, that would be different.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking too. I've always heard that fiber is good. I'm eating healthier and more veggies are working their way into my lifestyle along with whole grains.
  • rosy54
    rosy54 Posts: 46
    Options
    I agree that you shouldn't need to be concerned with your fiber intake. If you stay within your caloric requirements, it's unlikely that you would get too much. The average woman requires between 25 and 35 grams of fiber a day! Just be sure to drink lots of water with your fiber or you could become constipated! :drinker:
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I think the fiber goal for MFP is low. I always go over my fiber allotment.

Most adult women should shoot for over 20 grams of fiber a day; men should shoot for over 30 grams.