MINI MELTDOWN OVER TRYING ON CLOTHES

Options
So in the last year i have lost about 50lbs and i am very active and really working hard toward being healthy for life and losing the rest of this weight and have been doing pretty well lately..but today...well i had to try on clothes! NOT PRETTY!!

I clean houses for a living and am a mom on the go with my boyz. So i live primarily in work/workout clothes 90% of the time...okay 95% you get the point. This weekend we are going to Charleston with my boyz cub scout pack. i see these people all the time, but not in real clothes and so i wanted to really look nice while we are out and about. When i am in my work clothes i don't think about it as much. So i started pulling out clothes, the great thing is i had to chuck stuff that didn't fit anymore (and never will again) also a positive i could put on a lot of clothes i had not in awhile....but did i look good??? NO! i have such a pear shape body and to compound things i have a stomach and not just a tiny one. so even though i can now pull these clothes over my hips, button them and even sit down comfortably my stomach just does the BULGE and of course i am not lacking back fat either so unless the shirt is more free flowing that shows too. and free flowing makes my pear shape look swallowed and bigger in my minds eye. CAN'T A GIRL GET A BREAK!!!

SO anyway i tried on clothes for over an hour, still not sure what the heck i am wearing and then i cried :( BUT...then i did something else. I laced up my nikes and hit the pavenment and sweated and i feel better because i know THAT is what it's going to take to get rid of the rest of this FAT that is weighing down my body and my spirit. I know i can do this because i AM doing this have been doing this for a year and I AM NOT GOING TO FAIL!

thanks for listening to me rant ~ Cha :)

Replies

• ducky5m48
    ducky5m48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I sooooooooo know how you feel. Before I even started mfp i had been losing weight so in total i have lost about 30 lbs. N i look better n i fit n clothes better but not like i want to. because when i say better i am comparing it to what i was before which was awful. N i HATE back fat. It is so hard to lose. n my stomach...gag. I just hate it. I have been working out super hard n I know that i just have to keep at it but still whn i am in the dressing room trying on bathing suits..........it is overwhelming.

so I hope u keep on trucking n me n u both reach our ultimate goals. good luck!!!!
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Do you lift weights or do high intensity work?

In my experience, weight training really tends to tighten things up and I think high intensity work is great for blasting fat!
  • rtrautmann
    Options
    You picked the best way to get out the anger and frustration - on a day without mfp I would've eaten a whole carton of ice cream. Go you!!
  • RaelynD
    RaelynD Posts: 2
    Options
    Good for you, girl! Keep up the good work!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I think you should treat yourself, go out and buy a few things that you feel good in. You've been working hard and deserve to have something for those times you need to dress in more than your work clothes. You don't need to spend alot, maybe a pair of jeans and a couple of nice tops.
    :flowerforyou:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    If I have learned anything from Stacy and Clinton on "What not to Wear" it's that you have to learn to dress the body you have, not the body you wish you had. I seriously recommend checking out their website, they give some great advice for styles and shapes to flatter different body types so you will feel good in clothes. It doesn't mean that you can't try to improve more, just that you can look good where you are now and KNOW it.
    P.S I know it's cheesey that I watch that show, but I can't help it I love it!!!
  • chaamigo
    chaamigo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone i do feel really great about how i handled it.

@SNF i have incorporated strength trainging into my life and i am thankful its just i have lots o' wobbly bitz to tighten :D
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    So in the last year i have lost about 50lbs and i am very active and really working hard toward being healthy for life and losing the rest of this weight and have been doing pretty well lately..but today...well i had to try on clothes! NOT PRETTY!!

I clean houses for a living and am a mom on the go with my boyz. So i live primarily in work/workout clothes 90% of the time...okay 95% you get the point. This weekend we are going to Charleston with my boyz cub scout pack. i see these people all the time, but not in real clothes and so i wanted to really look nice while we are out and about. When i am in my work clothes i don't think about it as much. So i started pulling out clothes, the great thing is i had to chuck stuff that didn't fit anymore (and never will again) also a positive i could put on a lot of clothes i had not in awhile....but did i look good??? NO! i have such a pear shape body and to compound things i have a stomach and not just a tiny one. so even though i can now pull these clothes over my hips, button them and even sit down comfortably my stomach just does the BULGE and of course i am not lacking back fat either so unless the shirt is more free flowing that shows too. and free flowing makes my pear shape look swallowed and bigger in my minds eye. CAN'T A GIRL GET A BREAK!!!

SO anyway i tried on clothes for over an hour, still not sure what the heck i am wearing and then i cried :( BUT...then i did something else. I laced up my nikes and hit the pavenment and sweated and i feel better because i know THAT is what it's going to take to get rid of the rest of this FAT that is weighing down my body and my spirit. I know i can do this because i AM doing this have been doing this for a year and I AM NOT GOING TO FAIL!

thanks for listening to me rant ~ Cha :)

This is where you need a "like" button here-- like, like, like--

I like your solution-- yes, keep working to get the body you want-- you didn't turn to food to make yourself feel better. You know that only makes it worse--

So incredibly impressed--
  • chaamigo
    Options
    @ iamladybird thanks i will check it out :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    As an apple, I can relate. I found a great site though to help with the dressing problem! You enter your measurements and it finds clothes specifically for your shape that are flattering.
    www.myshape.com

It's fun to poke around on!
  • riri0301
    riri0301 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    amen to dat keep on pushing that in betwwen fase of clothes is a terror
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Also....you can check into undergarments that make you feel prettier. I am size freaking 6 and have bulges and wobbly bits all over....hate hate hate my arms........but ya know what? I wear sleevless because I deserve it!

I found these undertops at Target for 15 bux....it smoothes out the bumpy lines and makes me feel prettier:flowerforyou:

BTW YOU LOOK GREAT!!

I ususally hate the whiney stories because they end with "and I ate a gallon of icecream!" so I was delighted at the ending to your story..............and with THAT I shall lace up MY Nikes and go for a wog!!

Muah!:smooched:
  • chaamigo
    Options
    arewethereyet that is a good idea...i will look into that :)

NOTE TO ALL ~ I am pretty new here and never know who to add so feel free to if you like :D
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    And you're not doing it alone, we are here to keep each other accountable. I love your attitude and after a rough day myself I really liked reading that motivating story. Thanks for sharing Cha.
  • DamienRiceFan
    Options
    Keep it up sweetie ~ we are going to win this battle :happy:
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    wow! What a great attitude! and don't you worry, you'll loose that tummy soon enough. Well, maybe not soon enough, but you know. lol!

Good job! :flowerforyou:
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! After working as hard as we've worked on our diet and exercise, it stinks that we can't just put on an outfit and look awesome. But I know that if we keep it up, we'll eventually meet our goal and feel great. Meanwhile, more workouts and diligence is key, so good job there! I'm doing the same thing you are, trying to find outfits that make me feel thinner than before I lost these 15 pounds. Still not where I want to be, but I am shaping up. So definitely you are not alone. Have an excellent weekend and I hope you have a little time to treat yourself to something new to wear - you will be smaller soon so be sure to get it at a thrift store or on sale! I am hitting Target today hoping to find a swimsuit for this weekend. I already bought one 2 sizes smaller than last summer's for later this summer, but it's still a bit tooooo tight! Have a great weekend!
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love your additude! I think we can all relate to your meltdown! Keep up the good work!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Go to Goodwill and find something that don't look too bad, wear it and rock it. Just don't spend a lot of money, 'cause you won't be in the outfit long with that attitude.

Rock on honey, you're doing great.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Casper, You always give such great advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Goodwill and find something that don't look too bad, wear it and rock it. Just don't spend a lot of money, 'cause you won't be in the outfit long with that attitude.

Rock on honey, you're doing great.