Resolution friends

Options
Hello! I'm starting my New Year's resolution a few days early to get a head start! My goal is to drop 19 pounds in 20 weeks and keep it off!

Currently I'm 24 years old, 5'3" tall, 144 pounds.
My goal is to weigh 125.

Any like minded and motivational people please add me! I'm here to motivate as well! :)

Replies

• GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For me resolutionals never work. BUT I have taken on a lifestyle change. My plan is to keep at it.
  • mike5802
    mike5802 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    NPR recently discussed New Year's Resolutions with a Dr Norcross.

I can summarize some the success factors that he said work: buddy systems, tracking behaviors, rewards, and setting up a good environment for success. ...sounds like myfitnesspal supports his ideas!

- Mike P
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a sort of resolution .My Dr. and I wont me to drop 10 pounds a month for the next 2 -4 months I am trying to get to 175 -180 within a year . I started at 300 so I have a long way to go but 1 lb at a time is how I plan to get there .:drinker: Add me as a friend if you wont !
  • ReadySetBeastmode
    Options
    Hey!
    We have VERY similar stats/goals: I'm 20, just shy of 5'4" and at 142 right now. I'd like to get down to 120 and KEEP. IT. OFF. I have a history of disordered eating, so just in the last year my weight's fluctuated from as low as 125 to as high as 150. In the past few months I've been keeping it in the 136-140 range but, well, holidays. School schedule is weird, so been home for 5 weeks now (I head back the 1st), which always leads to weight gain.
    I'd like to lose as quickly as is (healthily!) possible, and am anticipating a pretty quick drop the first few weeks I'm back at school (dance major here--LOTS of exercise to be had!), but my hard time limit is 21 weeks for those 22 lbs.

Are you following any specific diet or exercise programs, or just sticking to common sense?
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    I would like to be resolution buddies!

I am 5'2 and currently weigh 137 pounds.
    I'd like to weigh about 113 !