Generic Story from MI

Options
Huzke
Huzke Posts: 97 Member
I'm sure my story differs little from many of those here but I decided I would post an introduction anyway.

I'm single father of two sons in my early 30's, living in Michigan. I've gone through periods of being fairly fit and then slipping back into obesity. I'm not getting any younger and my sons need me to be a more positive role model for their own fitness, body image, and self esteem.

So in late October I started changing my diet and getting back into exercise. I've always enjoyed powerlifting and, though I cannot lift anywhere near as much as I did when I was younger, I'm enjoying getting back into that now. I'm also just starting Yoga, which I am really enjoying. I was into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in the past and I'm planning on getting back into it when I get into more manageable shape and I won't burn out half way through a practice. I'm going to start bjj again in the Spring. Biking is another of my favorite things to do.

I wish you all luck in your own journeys. If anyone would like to add me feel free.

Replies

• SpanksNotSpanx
    SpanksNotSpanx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Mr. Generic! Everyones story may be similar but it doesn't make their loss and lifestyle changes, and goals any less important, difficult or life altering! Stick to your guns, and become that role model for your sons.
    Crap.. I'm rhyming.

Anyways :) Keep up the dedication and add if you would like
    -Courtney-
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement!