I need support :(

Options
this is such a shaky emotional roller coaster! i just weight in this morning after 10 days of heavy exercising and eating my calories but usually not all my bonus calories ( i have never eaten all of them) I have GAINED 4 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! I know it may be due to muscle gain but i am just soooo upset! I wanted to be 5 pounds lighter by summer break but now i have 4 pounds on top of that to lose!
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    this is such a shaky emotional roller coaster! i just weight in this morning after 10 days of heavy exercising and eating my calories but usually not all my bonus calories ( i have never eaten all of them) I have GAINED 4 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! I know it may be due to muscle gain but i am just soooo upset! I wanted to be 5 pounds lighter by summer break but now i have 4 pounds on top of that to lose!
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Calm Down--it's ok!

It's almost assuredly water weight you've gained. It will come off--make sure you're drinking plenty of water (water not juices, etc.!) and wait a few days to see.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow but if that is you in the pic, you look great!
    I'm not sure what to say, maye some toning and sculpting exercises would help??
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    The support I can give you on this is you are not alone. Yesterday I had a colonoscopy, which meant complete emptying out. I guessed I'd at least have lost 2 lb if nothing else. Guess what? I weighed myself this morning after hardly eating for two days and being totally cleaned out and weighed 4 lb more also. Not water weight either since I hadn't had any. So I am frustrated and sick by it. I have been gaining weight steady since I had my gallbladder out last september even though I exercise and watch what i eat. I'm ready to chunk it. I think I'm becoming obsessed.

The only thing I can think to suggest is give yourself another week. Keep doing what you're doing. Maybe your body just needs time to adjust to all the changes your making with exercise and calorie reduction. Sometimes it takes a week or two for your body to give up those extra pounds because they know you're trying to get rid of them. Don't give up yet. Keep going. Forget the scale. Enjoy the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    You don't have to drink water to retain fluids. In fact, the less you drink, the more of what little you do drink will be retained by your body. I've always read that if you're retaining fluid, then drink more water to flush it out.
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    CALM DOWN .... you will lose those pounds
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    Thanks for these words guys u have no idea how much they help me and how motivating it is knowing that some of you are experiencing the same thing..
    iftcheiaf.. I m sorry to hear that but it may b due to retaining water and hardly eating your body may be in starvation mode.. let me know how it goes at your next weigh in..
    It just sux this weight gain becuse i have been doing everything right for so long!! the finish line was SOOO close its just sooo frustrating!!!