P90X for beginners

Options
I bought P90X a while ago and I've never had enough motivation to stick with it for any length of time whatsoever. I just use it to mix up my work outs or if I can't go outside to run. I recently stopped working with my trainer because of financial issues but he suggested that in order to stay motivated I do P90X with his "challenge" group. Meaning I would start with a group of people on the same day and end on the same day as them and we would communicate and keep motivated via Facebook. That way I'd at least have contact and accountability with my trainer, which is what I feel I need to keep going. Anyways, my point is I'm afraid to it with these group of people because I've never finished something like that I'm afraid I'll get behind and just bail out. Has anyone gone into something like P90X not knowing if you’re going to complete it? I guess I just need some support to tell me that I can do it. My mind likes to tell me I can't. I just don't want to look like a failure in front of the people even if I don't know them....Any input would be great! Thanks! :)

Replies

• Knog
    Knog Posts: 4
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I did P90X for like 10 weeks a year ago....was almost done when I just stopped. There were some issues in my life that led to me stopping....but only excuses as to why I never picked it back up. You can do it.....you've already come so far and shown that you can. I've started mine back up....did my first workout this morniing...lol!!!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    I think a Challenge Group sounds like a great idea if you had trouble sticking with it in the past.

You can totally complete the entire cycle this time! I did three rounds of it a couple of years ago. Like you, I had a couple of friends doing it also and the thought of public failure kept me motivated. :-) Not only will you finish, you'll be so happy with how your body has completely changed by the end.
  • Anna19911
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys. I guess I'm just nervous of letting myself down. But I'm going to do it and hopefully prove myself wrong!
  • xoveronica
    xoveronica Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Can i be in your challenge group? I just started today! I ready to this is time and like you I am nervous about not completing it. Any support is better than no support :)
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I was planning to start this in the new year when I get home (probably the 8th or 9th for a start date), if you make a challenge group I totally want in!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Having a group of people doing it with you might help but ultimately it is up to to push yourself every day.
    I started the program on my own and finished on my own but that is mainly I can perform better working on my own.

P90X is a great program and if you stick with it.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    There is a P90X group here on MFP and the info they have is great and so is the support. I had two surgeries that prevented me from starting. One in Sept and the other in Nov. I finally got the go ahead to workout so will start in January. Good luck!

Sheila

Edited so i can add the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/5416-p90x-insanity-the-game-changers
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Just think about how healthy and fit and in shape and hot you want to look like when you've finished. That's what keeps me motivated, lol. Although being functionally fit, in my opinion, is more important!