55ishlbs gone! Almost there!

Options
So, my before picture is from March 2011, and my after picture is from March 2012. I didn't post before, because I didn't feel like it was a real success, as I am still 14-20lbs away from my goal weight (no set weight, just what I feel best at). I haven't lost weight since the after picture was taken, but now I am hoping showing how far I have came, will inspire me to push that bit further!

However, over the Christmas period I have fallen off the wagon big time - but been lucky enough to maintain. Tonight I went and bought myself the Polar FT4, and spending so much money on it, I AM going to use in in the New Year. I plan on working out Mon-Fri every morning before my son wakes up, and fitting some yoga/pilates in during the night too.

I had never been fat, or overweight, until I fell pregnant. I was 16, in a bad relationship, and lived in student accommodation. We had no freezers, no real cupboard and a small fridge compartment (I'm talking a 2l bottle of milk, tub of butter and cheese and it was full!), so it was hardly healthy. Instead I snacked and ate meals consitsting of pizza, chinese and other take away or junk food. I was out of control, but I thought to myself "hey, I'm pregnant, it's allowed!".

In the 9 months I probably gained about 80lbs (I don't know my beginning weight, but given some of my pre-preg clothing is still a little too small and I've lost 56lbs I'd aim around there). After my son I never lost the weight at all, I had no motivation.

Then one day, I just decided enough was enough. I almost completely cut out crisps and chocolate (maybe once a month I'd have one small packet of crisps or bar of chocolate); almost cut out all alcohol; was very strict with recording my calories; and I exercised 5-6 times a week, for an hour a time - mostly cardio.

I am now 140lbs, give or take a few, and have been for a year or so. I am now planning to not only lose the last few lbs, but tone up, a lot. I am going to reset my MFP profile to sedentary and work from there; exercise 5 mornings a week; focus on strength predominantly; and hoping that the need to buy my wedding dress soon, will get me to my goal weight and keep me there.

The first picture is, as I said, March 2011 (I'm the one holding the baby!), the second is March 2012 (excuse the bad dancing and alcohol - Law Ball! I'm the one in the pink dress (looks white)). I'll also include a face picture from March 2011 and then from a few weeks ago - it is very noticeable in my face!

I am 5'6" and stats as follows:

SW: 196-200lbs
CW: 140lbs (give or take)
UGW: Between 126lbs and 119lbs. Whatever looks best, although the focus is on getting strong and lean.

Before:
vzfrrq.jpg
9popd3.jpg

After:
2gvsq5j.jpg
a4u6as.jpg

Replies

• mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    wow! you look amazing!!!!
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    HUGE transformation! You look great! Congratulations on your hard work paying off :)
  • LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    wow, amazing transformation! Thank you so much for sharing! You are gorgeous btw!
  • jessicaclark616
    Options
    Wow! You look FABULOUS! Younger even! :) Keep it up!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Congratulations!!!
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    Although I'm not super confident, and probably never will be, it's amazing what losing the weight and getting braces does for your self-esteem!

That second face picture is the first picture I ever took with an open mouthed smile.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congratulations!

I've had braces too and I totally get what you mean about having straight teeth.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!