Hypothetical Question

Options
Hey guys! I don't know if you are like me...but I have a TON of stretch marks on various places on my body...especially my belly and legs!

So the question is....once you get to your "perfect" weight....will you have the nerve to wear a bikini even if the stretch marks are going to still be there?

I don't know if I would have the balls to do it...but if I worked my a** off to get that body....I sure would want to show it off as much as possible!

Let me know what you guys think you would do!

Replies

• Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, mine are pretty light just from being overweight and I know tanning helps them be not so noticeably, but you bet your butt if I get to my goal weight people are gonna have to stop me from walking around naked!! (haha jk)
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I think that I will. I can not say for sure as I am still a ways away from my goal. But I think I will. Most of my stretch marks are from being pregnant. They do fade overtime and are not as noticeable.
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would wear one. I have major stretch marks from carrying twins. I have been using Mederma. I saw in an ad that they now make a Mederma specifically for stretch marks sold in walgreens but my walgreens does not carry it yet...bummer!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Having gotten chubby during puberty and steadily gain weight ever since I don't know if I would have the balls to wear one no matter how good I looked at my goal weight. My self perception has always been WAY off. I felt fat in high school at 170 and I was happy at 206 2 years ago. Guess I won't know for sure until I get there but I'm doubting I would feel comfortable.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have them on my hips, and after I lost my weight I wore one.....stretch marks or not damnit I worked hard and I am gonna show it off!! LOL!
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I had a fear once.. stretch marks/saggy skin.. but then one of my buddies said, "I look at it as a badge of honor.. like when you have a child, it leaves some evidence on your body but it reminds you of what you've done to earn it." thank you SisterC .. to be short.. it is what it is. live life, enjoy life, love life and love yourself.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    well I have had 4 kids in a 6 year span so my belly seconds and a road map lol and to top it off I am getting a tummy tuck at the end of the year and all mine are above the belly button!! that means all the flab they cut off is stretch mark free lol what a kick in the butt! I will be happy to be is great shape and be able to do things though!!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Just a tip. I went from 120lbs to almost 200lbs when I got pregnant. I used pure coco butter on my tummy, hips, breasts, and I came away without ANY stretch marks. Maybe too late if you are already shrinking, I don't know, but definitely worth a try!
  • sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bikini...Hmmmm...Let's see, the last bathing suit I wore resembled a pair of shorts and tank top, and even then, I felt like the shorts were too short and the top showed too much cleavage. Stretch marks being exposed? I don't think so. I would need to have my head re-wired before I could attempt that in public!
  • futureonfire
    futureonfire Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear a bikini no matter how good I looked. I'm one of those rare people who like to leave a little to the imagination;)
  • andie3045
    Options
    i haven't had kids, but i have stretch marks on my thighs, hips, boobs, and stomach. i went from 175 pushing 180 and dropped to 125... i worked too hard to be ashamed of any flaw that i couldn't control on my body.

As long as you feel confident enough to wear a bikini, do it up. Who cares what anyone else thinks. I say go for it, because I own not one 1-piece and effing proud of it, for once in my life. =D
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I had a fear once.. stretch marks/saggy skin.. but then one of my buddies said, "I look at it as a badge of honor.. like when you have a child, it leaves some evidence on your body but it reminds you of what you've done to earn it." thank you SisterC .. to be short.. it is what it is. live life, enjoy life, love life and love yourself.

I love this!! It took me a long time to be able to view myself like this -- I have stretch marks everywhere; arms, legs, tummy. But I do believe they are nothing to be ashamed of. Obviously there are lots of us out there who have them! Granted, I am not the bikini-wearing type anyhow, but I like to think if I were I wouldn't let some stretch marks keep me down. :)
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    I have worn one, and would wear one again. (Not at this given time, though, feeling bad about myself).
    I have stretch marks all over also due to being overweight since grade school to about my early twenties.
    I say go for it as long as your comfortable!
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i absolutely will!! thats actually my ultimate goal...to get down to 120 and be able to wear a bikini again.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I don't konow if I will or not, it depends on how I look when I try it on.. Funny though that while I was reading everyone's posts there was an add for stretch mark reducing cream running down the side of the page
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I had 6 kids and I got em..but I still wear a bikini, my secret..weight lifting, it toned everything up, my tummy is rock hard now and the stretchmarks are barely visible, mind you the fact that I do get tanned inthe sun, even with sunscreen, makes them hardly noticeable, i'm more worried about my stupid "outie" belly button that baby number 5 gave to me,,,makes me very self conscious!
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I had this great red and white small checkered patterned bikini that I LOVED when I was about 20. I wish I still had it because I plan to wear one like it when I reach my goal. I had stretch marks on my thighs and breasts then and have even more now after the kids but I can do things to lighten them. I WANT THAT BIKINI!!!!!