Any UK 40+ ladies hoping to lose 2 - 4 stone in 2013?

Options
Come on! Let's do this. I de-activated my account about two months ago but now I'm back - new name, new start!

I had been getting demoralised because despite reducing my calories I had hardly lost anything for a whole year.

I realise now that my problem might be carbs and have decided to give it another go, but keep my carbs and sugar intake a lot lower than before. I also need to be more consistent with my exercise which mainly consists of learning to run and doing weight training.

So if you are looking to blast the last couple of stones in the New Year, and have a few laughs along the way, come and join me?

This time around I would love some UK friends specifically, mainly because the time zones match but also it is easier to relate in terms of food items, shops, and other frames of reference.

Replies

• SugarBoomBoom
    Options
    :sad:

Anyone?!
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeee!!!! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • SugarBoomBoom
    Options
    Awww thanks! I guess this post got well and truly buried. Too boring probably .... because I'm not going on about "microwave death boxes" and stuff like that. (Don't ask........ :huh: )
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Meeee! too although I am a sick and miserable person at the moment!! But if you can bear me now then send me a FRIEND REQUEST!!!! If you decide not to that's OK too! Hope it all goes well - I'm just crap with a bad cold at the moment!!! Anne
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    mee tooooo! help!! 16 stone and cross about it! I hate gym, love to walk and may be dancing around my lounge to get fitter....celery is nothing without humus:blushing:
  • Iwillbeback
    Options
    I am new on here, not quite 40 but very close and want to loose at least a stone by then
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am 42 mother of two, Feb will be my 2nd aniversay on mfp. And although I have lost weight, I haven't lost enough
    yet! I'm trying to put the positive spin in that I have not gained back loads of weight I have been 186 +/- 5lbs for over six months
    But I am signed up to do another 10K in May and I really want to improve on my performance.

So I am around 190 max and hoping to reach 145-150 by the end of the year, but if I can loose some of my boobs and stomach
    So I can fit smaller trousers I'd be quite happy!

All welcome to add me.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm living here in the UK and shall continue to lose fat in 2013. I lift weights and I also train at home with kettlebells and bodyweight exercises.
  • lilliput1
    Options
    Hi can I join too?
  • Jonmo17
    Jonmo17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just starting out and have 3 stone to lose. Just finding my way with things so happy for you to add me.