ZUMBA!!!

Options

Replies

• coold
    coold Posts: 85
    Options
    Love it! I am not good at it but the music keeps me moving! If I am moving I am burning calories right!
    :laugh: totally agree!!!! when i don't know the moves, i just make sure I'm moving some kind of way!!! haha....
  • FeelTheRhythm
    Options
    Ladies, I absolutely LOVE Zumba!!
  • SherrellB
    Options
    Yes Zumba is way fun, and tiring too...lol
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I took my first Zumba class on Monday and I LOVE IT!!! I love the music and the instructor that we have (this little thing and preggo) had so much motivation!!

I want to get some DVD's to do at home, since the class is only offered 1 time a week.

I saw that someone posted: https://www.zumbafitness.com/flare/next
    Any reviews on DVD's that you love? Those that you don't think are NOT worth the money?
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Okay reporting back on my class. I enjoyed it. I wasn't overly impressed with the instructor. lively but not real good at explaining things for newbies. This class also really seems to have a longstanding click and it just made me a little uncomfortable. I don't understand women in full makeup and having done up hair in a workout class either. anyway I will probably go about once a week for variety. I did get a good workout and sweat.
  • coold
    Options
    I know what u mean!!! that's a shame that it seems clicky. :frown: try another class with a different instructor. There are 5 where I go and I definitely have my favorite. :smile: Keep me posted on your other experiences!!!
  • coold
    Options
    I took my first Zumba class on Monday and I LOVE IT!!! I love the music and the instructor that we have (this little thing and preggo) had so much motivation!!

I want to get some DVD's to do at home, since the class is only offered 1 time a week.

I saw that someone posted: https://www.zumbafitness.com/flare/next
    Any reviews on DVD's that you love? Those that you don't think are NOT worth the money?
    YAY!!!! keep it up..it's taking me a while to learn all of the moves, but i just do my own thing haha...

i haven't bought the dvd's yet, but definitely will check that site out.
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just did zumba for the first time wearing real zumba shoes instead of tennis shoes and the difference was amazing. IThey are so much lighter and I had more flexibility and quickness. If you're a serious fan, I'd recommend getting some.
  • sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We've been holding Zumba classes after school in the gymnasium. We contacted a local instructor and she was willing to come in twice a week. I LOVE it!!!!! I enjoy the challenge of getting the moves right, but I also don't get hung up on it and just dance, dance, dance! I left there this afternoon a dripping mess. Our instructor is GREAT and pushes us - I think we are down to only one break now for our hour class. OMG! Never would have thought I could do it, either!
  • coold
    Options
    I just did zumba for the first time wearing real zumba shoes instead of tennis shoes and the difference was amazing. IThey are so much lighter and I had more flexibility and quickness. If you're a serious fan, I'd recommend getting some.
    interesting!!!! i took my tennis shoes off today and did it in my socks!!! thanks!!! any particular site to purchase? or store?
  • coold
    Options
    We've been holding Zumba classes after school in the gymnasium. We contacted a local instructor and she was willing to come in twice a week. I LOVE it!!!!! I enjoy the challenge of getting the moves right, but I also don't get hung up on it and just dance, dance, dance! I left there this afternoon a dripping mess. Our instructor is GREAT and pushes us - I think we are down to only one break now for our hour class. OMG! Never would have thought I could do it, either!
    awesome!!!!!:flowerforyou: DO u have ANY idea how much u are burning ????
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I bought Nikes just because they were the first ones I found.
  • coold
    Options
    thanks!!! i've never thought to look for zumba shoes!!!
  • leslie626
    leslie626 Posts: 12
    Options
    I got Nike: Musique IV from Zappos...they seem to run 1/2 size smaller than regular shoe size...I love them...they have a circle on the bottom that allows you to slide rather than get "stuck"...regarding the calories burned...obviously the more you weigh the more you will burn...it is a great work out as long as you put your "all" into it...
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i cannot express how much i LOVE zumba! :love:

i enter it as circuit training for 60 minutes. i've heard it burns about 500 cals. so MFP tells me 60 mins of circuit training is 530 cals.

i go twice a week. if i could afford it, id go much more often! good luck, and i hope you begin to love it as much as i do. its all i talk about anymore! :bigsmile:
  • coold
    Options
    i cannot express how much i LOVE zumba! :love:

i enter it as circuit training for 60 minutes. i've heard it burns about 500 cals. so MFP tells me 60 mins of circuit training is 530 cals.

i go twice a week. if i could afford it, id go much more often! good luck, and i hope you begin to love it as much as i do. its all i talk about anymore! :bigsmile:
    I LOVE IT TOO!!! I feel like that's all i talk about too!!haha:bigsmile: :embarassed: thanks for the info...on the circuit training!!!
    eventually, i'll invest in a nice HRM...:grumble:
  • coold
    Options
    I got Nike: Musique IV from Zappos...they seem to run 1/2 size smaller than regular shoe size...I love them...they have a circle on the bottom that allows you to slide rather than get "stuck"...regarding the calories burned...obviously the more you weigh the more you will burn...it is a great work out as long as you put your "all" into it...
    :flowerforyou: will check that site out!!!! thanks!!!

about putting your all...u are right!!! sometimes i find myself dragging to make it to 1 hour!!!!:drinker:
  • coold
    Options
    :sad: I REALLY NEED TO GET DVD'S!!! i couldn't go to the gym....
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the best thing!! =D ... The classes are my favorite because I like to go some where to work out ... not to mention it's just fun! I am sure that I make a FOOL of myself! haha

We have some DVDs that me friends and I do, going every week got expensive. I will check with them and see what the dvd's are. =D

There needs to be a Zumba option in the database! haha
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I bet there are tons for sale on Ebay. I'd check there first-you can get almost ANYTHING on Ebay. Good luck! I have the videos but our VCR bit the dust. :(