First day of my healthier lifestyle & I feel drained!

So today I successfully completed my first day of healthy eating and changing the way I eat forever!
The only thing is, I feel soooo tired tonight! Is this normal? I just feel lethargic and tired :\ Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    u didnt give up cocaine did you? it is all natural

BUT i digress

it wil take time for your body to adjust, be patient and dont give up.
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Exercise! Daily and religiously...
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Your body has to adjust to the new regimen. Chances are your tiredness comes from cutting sugar and caffeine out. Even if you just cut down and didn't completely eliminate those things, your body is used to a certain level, and is probably just needing to adjust.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    What's your calorie goal? Sometimes if your goal is too low it can make you feel that way.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Did you get enough to eat, including enough healthy fat and protein?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    First week is hard. You will adjust. It will get easier.
  • carlaaa_x
    carlaaa_x Posts: 30 Member
    Yep, check out my diary I've eaten a wiiiiide range of healthy foods today :)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    What's your calorie goal? Sometimes if your goal is too low it can make you feel that way.
    This...If you don't eat enough to fuel your body it won't last.....Make sure you don't start off by eating too little and exercising too much....You need balance to succeed....
  • carlaaa_x
    My calorie goal is 1300 a day :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    I can't see your diary, but are you set to lose 1 lb or 2 lbs a week? Something you could consider doing is to see what your target would be at .5 lbs a week and at 2 lbs a week and eating anywhere in between that on a day to day basis. That would give you some extra calories for tired days while keeping you on a losing streak.

(I'm not opposed to 1200 calories as a rule the way some are, but if you are tired, it could be a sign it's too low.)
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Maybe it is withdrawal from sugar or adjusting to exercise? If you feel hungry maybe you need a few more calories?
    Go to bed early and maybe that will help?
  • Willarogers1
    Willarogers1 Posts: 7 Member
    you need some energy and get you Metabolism working again.. try adding cinnamon, to your drinks,
    I started drinkin apple cinnamon wanter and it gave me a boost.
    check out this link to it

http://tonetiki.com/2012/04/01/apple-cinnamon-day-spa-water-0-calories/
  • carlaaa_x
    Thanks everyone :)
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    open your diary. Did you eat enough calories, high protein? If all you ate was veggies then that could explain why you are dragging.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    There are a couple of things you can try.

1. Wait it out and see if it improves as your body adjusts

2. Up your goal a bit so you're getting a few more calories.

3. Try less severe changes at first. Depending on what changes you've made, it might be more feasible to make modest changes at first.

Oh, and make sure you're getting plenty of protein. :)