We all have to start somewhere

Options
Ok so I've made a choice to start being accountable for everything I eat and when I exercise and I'm going to lean on this website as my big crutch to help me get to my goal weight. So here is my before photo I am 315 pounds now and aiming for a goal of 170 pounds then I may reavaluate if I'm happy with that or want to lose some more, I will post more pictures along the way, I so want to be one of those wonderful success stories on here :heart:

003.gif

Replies

• Loriea
    Loriea Posts: 4
    Options
    Great job. Keep coming here to find tips and motivation. I love the picture of the lady shooting the scale. I for one don't really care what it says I just need the love handles to be gone and my jeans to fit.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi

Hope you are getting ready to concur the world on this site. I will tell you with some strong determination and the will to succeed you will go far. I have done well by logging all my food. It helps to do it before you eat it (you will be surprise how many calories are in things) I check,check and recheck the calorie content because they are not always accurate on the site. I am not a big exercise person (very hard to fit it in most days) . I work out abit with my WII (too much fun) I started by calorie level at 1200 but after a few weeks I discovered that it was far to low so I brought it up to 1430 and I lose 1 pound a week almost like clockwork. I hit the wall a couple times and did not lose for the week then the following week it got its MoJo back and off it came. I can tell you that I do budget for a treat ( I love Yoplait delights chocolate raspberry) There is a really good web site hungry girl.com tons of recipes for some yummy food (one of my favs is chicken cordon blu ) I really began to have more energy at about 20 pounds off. It is funny because the body changes slowly but its cool to discover all the new things that you have (or to be more exact the things you don’t have) like one less roll on your tummy or hey I forgot I have dimples in my cheeks J Again you can do it just hang in there an be patient. The person you want to see is there you just have to find her but remember to enjoy each and every day.
    Pam :flowerforyou:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    way to go on putting yourself out there and holding yourself accountable. That is a huge step. With honesty, a little hard work and determination you will do great. It is hard to get in the habit of weighing and measuring things but in no time it will be second nature. Feel free to add me if you want some extra support or a friend along the way. Best of luck and you can do it!
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP!

Good luck with your journey :happy: :flowerforyou:

Jax
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    Proud of you. Good luck on your Journey. It seemed like i was 315 just yesterday. We are pulling for you!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    good for you. we all do have to start somewhere!
  • CherryBomb13
    Options
    Well Good Luck to you! i hope you reach your goals, and i myself hope to be a success story on here someday. :)
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Hi...welcome and good luck on the journey. Yes we all start somewhere. :) I hope you reach your goal and much much more.
  • jarkasangel
    Options
    Wow thank's for all the words of encouragement, I so can't wait to read everyone's stories and for people to read mine, I am so loving this site, thank you each and everyone of you :flowerforyou:
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My doctor focuses a lot on nutrition. Knowing that, I printing off a week of my food journal and reports for my fat, carbs and exercise for my last visit. She found it so helpful she's recommending all her patients do the same thing so they can learn more about food and how it affects their body.

Being aware is a powerful tool to help you improve so many aspects of your life. With the attitude your starting with you're sure to succeed!
  • vlivengood
    Options
    GREAT NEWS! I think you should start by setting a few smaller goals, there is nothing like the feeling of a achieving a goal to make you know you can do it and want to do it again. It is ok to have that FINAL Goal in your head but set some milestone goals to keep you rewarded and motivated :)
  • jarkasangel
    Options
    yes I totally agree vlivengood, thats why my first mini goal will be to get to 299 pounds, goodbye 300's hello 200's
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Congratulations, we are all right behind you.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • iwillweighlessoneday
    iwillweighlessoneday Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm pretty new here too. I'm really proud of you for making this change. It does seem to get easier bit by bit. I'd suggest making one small change for a week, then adding to that change. :)

Feel free to add me as a friend!

I'm rooting for you!
    Jenn
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!