Best option from this menu

Options
My family & I are going out to lunch tomorrow & I don't know what to choose from the menu. Can you guys help me what to choose? what should I avoid. Thanks.
Starters:

Strawberry garnish fruits of the forest pulp
Creamy chicken & mushroom puff pastry case.
Mixed leaves, rustic croutons, bacon lardons
King prawns wrapped in filo pastry
Served with tossed leaves & chilli jam

-
Mains
Beef -Black peppercorn crust rich red wine jus
Chicken- Wrapped in bacon and served with a creamy peppercorn sauce
Vegatarian samosa-Spring Vegetables wrapped in filo pastry deep fried served with house dressing

Replies

• small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If it were me, not knowing anything else, I would go for the strawberry garnish fruits of the forest pulp to start and then the beef for the main. Stay away from "creamy" sauces and pastries (but if you have to go with pastry, take filo over puff).
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    If it were me, not knowing anything else, I would go for the strawberry garnish fruits of the forest pulp to start and then the beef for the main. Stay away from "creamy" sauces and pastries (but if you have to go with pastry, take filo over puff).

I was going to say the same thing. FYI: Anything "creamy" is a huge fail.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    get the shrimp wrapped in the filo dough... you can take the dough off and just eat the shrimp great source of protein. or get the salad holding the bacon and croutons
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I say if there is something on this menu you really like/want you should just do some extra work in the gym or eat lighter in the day and eat what you want!
    I don't eat anything on this menu really but if it were me I'd as for the chicken without the bacon or the sauce since I don't like those things. But I mean people are obsessed with bacon so if that's you're thing go with that. ask for the sauce on the side. Bacon actually isn't THAT terrible, it's just super high fat/sodium but really the calories aren't completely awful
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd go with:

1) Mixed leaves, rustic croutons, bacon lardons (minus the gluten filled croutons)
    2) Beef -Black peppercorn crust rich red wine jus or the Chicken- Wrapped in bacon and served with a creamy peppercorn sauce (although I can't usually have "peppercorn sauce", since it almost always has gluten).

I personally don't believe in avoiding the fats, but I'd have to ask which items have wheat/gluten to avoid those.

Enjoy your lunch.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My family & I are going out to lunch tomorrow & I don't know what to choose from the menu. Can you guys help me what to choose? what should I avoid. Thanks.
    Starters:

Strawberry garnish fruits of the forest pulp
    Creamy chicken & mushroom puff pastry case.
    Mixed leaves, rustic croutons, bacon lardons
    King prawns wrapped in filo pastry
    Served with tossed leaves & chilli jam

-
    Mains
    Beef -Black peppercorn crust rich red wine jus
    Chicken- Wrapped in bacon and served with a creamy peppercorn sauce
    Vegatarian samosa-Spring Vegetables wrapped in filo pastry deep fried served with house dressing

If it were me, I'd enjoy myself and go for the creamy chicken and mushroom and the beef main. It all sounds good though.