Holiday letdown

Options
I'm struggling with what I think is 'holiday letdown'. I'm NOT looking forward to heading back to work.

I don't want to self-medicate by indulging in food. I did some cleaning today. But I don't deal with the post-holiday very well.

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think most of us go through that feeling. Weeks of preparation and build up, then it's all over in a few short hours. Three things to consider. There is another holiday right around the corner, you are 10 pounds ahead in the game and Spring will be here before you know it. What ever you do, keep on keepin' on. :flowerforyou:
  • liciagrn
    Options
    I think I know how you are feeling... I haven't done well on my diet at all. At least you have some pounds lost to show for yourself. Keep your head up! You have a goal keep your eyes on it! I am stepping up my game this year. My husband wants to go on a cruise and I am not staying home and I am not going looking like this, so I have work to do. When you head back to work be sure and have your own healthy snacks on hand so not to be tempted by whatever the break room holds. Good luck!
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was not looking forward to being back at work either! Though I'm grateful I'm here today and not snacking on a zillion things at home. It's hard after eating big meals to eat lighter the few days afterwards. But it's worth it. Just keep at it, don't slide back down!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I think I know how you are feeling... I haven't done well on my diet at all. At least you have some pounds lost to show for yourself. Keep your head up! You have a goal keep your eyes on it! I am stepping up my game this year. My husband wants to go on a cruise and I am not staying home and I am not going looking like this, so I have work to do. When you head back to work, be sure and have your own healthy snacks on hand so not to be tempted by whatever the break room holds. Good luck!

I gained some weight back and am losing it again. Up to about 153, back down to 150. LOADS of treats Christmas Eve. Someone gave me this HUGE Russel Stover box of chocolate for Christmas, and I don't want to eat it all myself.

And I absolutely must drink more water.

There's also a Kindle Fire that's awaiting setup (have to get it on WiFi, and I need to find someone to help me with that).
  • Ekng
    Ekng Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Keep your goal in sight and get back to your plan that brought you this far. The holidays are always a speed bump with added family, food and vacation taking you out of your normal routine. Don't stress on it and within a week you can be moving forward. Good luck on your journey
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    this is what my dad told me

"kids do what they want...men do what they have to" time to nut up