Need a buddy!

Options
New and have a lot of weight to lose! Help!

Replies

• ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just added you as a friend
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want someone who is here everyday, will stop by and comment positively and is committed to a lifestyle change as opposed to a temporary diet.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've lost 65 pounds so far. Sending a friend request.
  • ashleyrogers37841
    Options
    Im new too and also would like some tips from some of you who's lost alot of weight..
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • jafopriest
    jafopriest Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep moving forward, even if sometimes all you can do is insert your workout DVD & watch it while eating your breakfast... its all good, keep going as long as you don't stop all will be fin\e.
  • GlamorousGrandmaJo
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request :smile:
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I started two months after I had my youngest. I couldn't get how I was gaining weight.
    Week one all I did was post everything I ate. You won't believe how many calories are in some of the things we eat.
    Week two I picked one of my high calories I could live without. I've eventually gotten rid of the Mountain Dew most of the time too.
    You need to pick the activity level that best suits your lifestyle. I went with no activity and got a pedomoter app to track my walking at work. because it varies based on the job I do.

Lately, I've made some adjustments when we stopped breastfeeding. I'm currently set at " lose 1/2 pound a week" until after the holidays. There is less stress in trying to stay under the calories with the family in town. ( Birthdays and such)

Don't stress over how much weight you are or are not losing right off the bat. It takes time. You will also gain weight if you start muscle building exercise. You may see more NSV ( non scale victories) like your clothes getting too big etc... I didn't weigh myself until I lost a pant size each time.

Feel free to add me, but I have 6 kids and a full time job so I admit I'm not as supportive as I'd like to be.
  • FLbaby2012
    FLbaby2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request to you as well as I'm also looking for increased motivation and support and to give the same in return as well. Looking forward to a great 2013!
  • Donica_Marie
    Donica_Marie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like :)